Add credit for this issue to the following contributors just prior to commit: https://www.drupal.org/files/issues/contributors.txt
(Not yet since we are trying to keep this issue on one page. There are 66 names, so this probably does not require Infrastructure intervention.)
In past few months (since Dublin) we reached the agreement to bring the contributed Media Entity module to core (under the name Media), which will allow us to implement better and more powerful media handling.
For more info see, and .
This is blocker for all issues that we'll be focusing on at Media sprint in Berlin (starts on December 12th 2016). Marking as major for that reason.
Bring Media entity module in core mostly as it is. Any changes made will need upgrade paths for the existing module users.
Media entity is stable and extensively used and there are no urgent changes planned for it. Other steps, which will happen after and not directly change Media entity are explained in.
- Reviewers and patch contributors: The Media entity issue reviews spreadsheet is being used to track the hundreds of points of feedback on the issue. Enter new comments at the top. See #333 for instructions.
- MOST IMPORTANT: reviewers please identify any must have issues that should happen in this issue or followups to ensure the module gets stable before 8.3.0 either as the first commit or eventually.
- The change record draft is intended to document how contrib modules should update from Media Entity in contrib to Media in core. It needs to be reviewed, completed, and confirmed by someone knowledgeable about Media in contrib.
- File followup issues still missing in the Media entity issue reviews spreadsheet ("1" in column H but not in column I; note that there are 4 tabs).
- Add test coverage for #361 and #363 (see #364).
- Issue summary update for DDD meeting notes:
There are two mapping things for followups:
The UI. kind of confusing right now. Roy proposed a few solutions and there is a solution for it. https://www.drupal.org/node/2836153 Needs IS update
. Notes from the
- Address issue (possibly as a followup) of boilerplate code for icons and
media_entity_copy_icons()(see #366 and #367).
- File followup about icon file types?
Data model changes
Adds new fieldable and revisionable entity type.
Moved to the summary of.