The Drupal.org Community Documentation is maintained by the Drupal community. Find out how you can help.
User and Builder Guides
- Understanding Drupal
- Learn about Drupal concepts, technology stack, terminology, and resources.
- Installation Guide
- Install Drupal and its contributed modules and themes. Run multiple sites from one installation. Migrate from other content management systems and address platform issues.
- Administration & Security Guide
- Manage users and content, perform backups and upgrades, secure your site, tweak performance, etc. Audience: System and site administrators
- Structure Guide
- Work with content types, blocks, menus, views, panels, taxonomy, user profiles, and navigation. Audience: information architects
- Site Building Guide
- Add functionality and features such as e-commerce, forums, media, search, geographic data, dates, workflow, messaging, forms, social networking, etc. Audience: site builders, developers and business architects
- Multilingual Guide
- How to build sites in other languages and multi-language sites. Audience: site builders, site administrators
- Theming Guide
- Customize the interface using templates, CSS, etc. Override the output from core or contributed modules. Audience: designers, usability and accessibility professionals, interface experts
- Mobile Guide
- How to build sites to support mobile devices. Audience: site builders, site administrators, designers
- Develop for Drupal
- API Reference
- Search the complete Drupal API including forms, menus, node access, theme system, etc.
- Git documentation
- Use git for version control to manage projects and code, and to colloborate with other Drupal developers.
- User Interface Standards
- Use style and pattern guides for user interface text, and improve usability.
- Examples for Developers
- Examine a standard repository of sample modules that can be used to learn module development, or are referenced on handbook pages.
- Find definitions of Drupal terminology and acronyms.
- Code snippets
- Reuse chunks of Drupal code that people have shared with the community.
- Identify and solve problems with servers, page display, permissions, logins, etc.
- Learn about documentation, licensing, the Drupal Association, community, etc.
- Tutorials and recipes
- Find miscellaneous information contributed by other Drupal users.