For Drupal 8.3, we want to ship with a library that allows displaying and selecting from a listing of previously-uploaded media.
Implement an MVP media library, based on the user stories and design from.
Implementation happening so far at https://github.com/mortenson/media_library, will post patches later.
Issues with patches you'll need to apply to test this issue:
These are fairly high level, but in general I think we should:
- Discuss what should be covered by the MVP (this is being done in ).
- Develop a pattern for selecting entities in views (this doesn't have to be a form element/widget, just the logic that powers the MVP)
- Develop a pattern for adding (uploading) new media, with a focus on the "image" bundle
- Write CSS and JS required for the MVP to function
- Ensure that the library works in a standalone page at /admin/content/media
- Ensure that the library works in Field widgets
- Ensure that the library works in WYSIWYG
User interface changes
This is a UI addition, so existing user interfaces should not be affected by this change.
We may be implementing new APIs for implementing Views-based entity selection, but we haven't decided how abstract we're going to get (see task #2 above).
Data model changes
None, the data model changes are being added in.
|#35||2834729-35-dialog buttons.png||243.36 KB||DyanneNova|