Media entity provides a 'base' entity for media. This is a very basic entity
which can reference to all kinds of media-objects (local files, YouTube
videos, Tweets, Instagram photos, ...). Media entity provides a relation between
Drupal and the media resource. You can reference to/use this entity within any
other Drupal entity.
This module attempts to provide the base storage component for the Drupal 8
Our current development focus can be seen in the roadmap issue.
If you prefer usual patch-based workflow feel free to submit a patch. We started
using GitHub mostly for easier review process. However, there are no strong opinions
about that. Any contribution in any shape or form will be treated equally.
Media provider modules
There are already several media provider modules that extend functionality of
Other modules that integrate with media entity
- Entity browser: Provides entity browser widget that supports uploading of Media entity images.
- DropzoneJS: Extends entity browser image upload widget with DropzoneJS upload library.
- Janez Urevc (@slashrsm) https://drupal.org/u/slashrsm
- Primož Hmeljak (@primsi) https://drupal.org/u/primsi
- Nguyễn Hải Nam (@jcisio) https://drupal.org/u/jcisio
- Boris Gordon (@boztek) https://drupal.org/u/boztek
Get in touch
- IRC: #drupal-media @ Freenode