Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Media entity provides a 'base' entity for media. This is a very basic entity
which can reference to all kinds of media-objects (local files, YouTube
videos, Tweets, Instagram photos, ...). Media entity provides a relation between
Drupal and the media resource. You can reference to/use this entity within any
other Drupal entity.
This module attempts to provide the base storage component for the Drupal 8
Our current development focus can be seen in the roadmap issue.
If you prefer usual patch-based workflow feel free to submit a patch. We started
using GitHub mostly for easier review process. However, there are no strong opinions
about that. Any contribution in any shape or form will be treated equally.
Media provider modules
There are already several media provider modules that extend functionality of
Embeddable videowas replaced with Video embed field.
- Video (local)
- Audio embed field (sandbox)
Other modules that integrate with media entity
- Entity browser: Provides entity browser widget that supports uploading of Media entity images.
- DropzoneJS: Extends entity browser image upload widget with DropzoneJS upload library.
- Slick media: Provides integration between Slick carousel and Media entity. Slick media allows richer slideshow/carousel contents with a mix of text, image and video.
Media entity 8.x-1.0-beta2 to 8.x-1.0 update instructions
We started depending on the Entity API module. In order for update to go smoothly please make sure that the Entity API >= 8.x-1.0-alpha3 is installed before updating Media entity.
- Janez Urevc (@slashrsm) https://drupal.org/u/slashrsm
- Primož Hmeljak (@primsi) https://drupal.org/u/primsi
- Nguyễn Hải Nam (@jcisio) https://drupal.org/u/jcisio
- Boris Gordon (@boztek) https://drupal.org/u/boztek
Get in touch
- IRC: #drupal-media @ Freenode
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Media
- Reported installs: 8,989 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 98,134
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: January 12, 2017
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.