Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Colorbox is a light-weight customizable lightbox plugin for jQuery. This module allows for integration of Colorbox into Drupal.
Images, iframed or inline content etc. can be displayed in a overlay above the current page.
The Colorbox module:
- Works as a Formatter in entities and in views.
- Excellent integration with core image field and image styles and the Insert module
- Choose between a default style and a number of other styles that are included.
- Style the Colorbox with a custom Colorbox style in your theme.
- Drush command, drush colorbox-plugin, to download and install the Colorbox plugin in sites/all/libraries.
The Colorbox plugin:
- Compatible with: jQuery 1.3.2+ in Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer 7+
- Supports photos, grouping, slideshow, ajax, inline, and iframed content.
- Appearance is controlled through CSS so it can be restyled.
- Can be extended with callbacks & event-hooks without altering the source files.
- Completely unobtrusive, options are set in the JS and require no changes to existing HTML.
- Preloads upcoming images in a photo group.
- Currently used on more than 2 million websites.
- Released under the MIT License
The plugin is separate downloaded.
Colorbox for Drupal 8
Colorbox for Drupal 7
Installation for Drupal 7
Download and install the Libraries API 2 module and the Colorbox module as normal. Then download the Colorbox plugin. Make sure to use the 1.x branch since that will stay backwards compatible with older jQuery version, like the ones included with Drupal.
Unpack and rename the plugin directory to "colorbox" and place it inside the "sites/all/libraries" directory. Make sure the path to the plugin file becomes: "sites/all/libraries/colorbox/jquery.colorbox-min.js"
Part 1 to 3 is for an older 7.x-1.x version of the Colorbox module.
- Colorbox for Drupal 7, part 1: Installation and image field integration on Vimeo
- Colorbox for Drupal 7, part 2: Inline images with the Insert module on Vimeo
- Colorbox for Drupal 7, part 3: Building a image gallery and a image slideshow.
- Drupal 7 Colorbox module by Code Karate
- Creating and Theming a Node Photo Gallery with Drupal 7 and Colorbox by High Rock Media.
- How to Build a Lightbox Portfolio in Drupal 7 by CMS Quickstart
Modules that extend Colorbox
- Field Group Colorbox - Provides fieldgroups for Colorbox triggers and for Colorbox popups.
- Colorbox Node - Open nodes and webforms in a Colorbox.
- Field formatter for colorbox module
- Media Colorbox - Integrates Colorbox with the Media module.
Modules that have built in support for Colorbox
- Video Embed Field
- Embedded Media Field (Enable Colorbox load in the settings.)
- Media Gallery (Make use of the same Colorbox plugin but has it own integration code for it.)
- Field Slideshow
- Directory based organisational layer
- Gallery Assist via Gallery Assist Lightboxes
- Gallery formatter
- Get Directions
- Image Picker
- Slick Carousel
- All versions: The Colorbox plugin 1.x
- 8.x: installed in the libraries directory so the path becomes "libraries/colorbox/jquery.colorbox-min.js"
- 7.x and older: installed in sites/all/libraries directory so the path becomes "sites/all/libraries/colorbox/jquery.colorbox-min.js"
- Drupal 7.x-2.x only: Libraries API 2
- Drupal 6 only: The Old 1.3.18 version of the Colorbox plugin and jQuery Update module version 6.x-2.0-alpha1 or later
You need to download the Colorbox plugin from the site above, the git repo doesn't contains the minified version so will not work. The easiest way to download and install the plugin is via the built in Drush command, drush colorbox-plugin.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Reported installs: 268,976 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,805,355
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: July 21, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.