Slick is a powerful and performant slideshow/carousel solution leveraging Ken Wheeler's Slick carousel.
Powerful: Slick is one of the sliders, as of 9/15, the only one, which supports nested sliders and a mix of lazy-loaded image/video/audio with image-to-iframe or multimedia lightbox switchers. See below for the supported media. Create a new task if no longer valid.
Performant: Slick is stored as plain HTML the first time it is requested, and then reused on subsequent requests. Carousels with cacheability and lazyload are lighter and faster than those without.
Slick has gazillion options, please start with the very basic working samples from slick_example. It is created to save everyone's time from a few basic problems and avoid adventures in the first place so you can focus more on making the most out of Slick. Be sure to read its README.txt.
- Fully responsive. Scales with its container.
- Uses CSS3 when available. Fully functional when not.
- Swipe enabled. Or disabled, if you prefer.
- Desktop mouse dragging.
- Fully accessible with arrow key navigation.
- Built-in lazyLoad, and multiple breakpoint options.
- Random, autoplay, pagers, arrows, dots/text/tabs/thumbnail pagers etc...
- Works with Views, Image, Media or Field collection, or none of them.
- Supports pure text, responsive image, responsive iframe, video, and audio carousels with aspect ratio, see samples. No extra jQuery plugin FitVids is required. Just CSS.
- Exportable via CTools.
- Modular and extensible skins, e.g.: Fullscreen, Fullwidth, Split, Grid or multiple row carousel.
- Various slide layouts are built with the pure CSS goodness.
- Nested sliders/overlays, or multiple slicks within a single Slick.
- Modular integration with various contribs to build carousels with multimedia lightboxes or inline multimedia.
- Media switcher: Image linked to content, Image to iframe, Image to colorbox, Image to photobox.
- Cacheability + lazyload = light + fast.
Install the module as usual.
- Slick UI -- included, to manage optionsets, can be uninstalled at production.
- Slick Fields -- included, supports Image, Media file, and Field collection fields.
- Slick Media -- integration with Media Entity.
- Slick Video -- integration with Video Embed Field.
- Slick Views -- to build more complex carousels.
- Slick Entityreference -- integration with Entityreference.
- Scald Slick -- integration with Scald.
- Slick Example -- to get up and running quickly.
- Create a new task to get your module in here.
The README.txt is included in each sub-module for more detailed info, including troubleshooting where appropriate.
Other modules that integrate with slick
- Intense, for viewing images on the full screen.
Slick supports enhancements and more complex layouts.
- Colorbox, supports image, video, and audio displays.
- Photobox, idem ditto.
- Picture, to get truly responsive image.
- Media, including Youtube, Vimeo, and Soundcloud.
- Field Collection, to add overlay image/audio/video over the main image stage, with additional basic Scald integration for the image/video/audio overlay.
- Color field module, or core plain text, within Field collection to colorize the slide individually.
- Mousewheel, so it is available at:
Slick works with Views and is available as a style plugin. Select Slick carousel as the format. Adjust the settings as needed.
This sample applies to Slick 1.x. For Slick 2.x, please see slick.api.php.
// Add items. $items = array(); $items = array('#markup' => ''); $items = array('#markup' => ''); $items = array('#markup' => ''); // Add options. $options = array( 'autoplay' => TRUE, 'dots' => TRUE, 'arrows' => FALSE, ); print theme('slick_carousel', array('items' => $items, 'options' => $options));
- Slick library:
Download Slick archive, extract it as is, rename "slick-master" to "slick", so the needed assets are available at:
sites/../libraries/slick/slick/slick-theme.css (optional if a skin chosen)
- Libraries (D7 only)
- jQuery 1.7 (via jquery_update or jqmulti) (D7 only)
- CTools for 2.x (D7 only)
- jqeasing., so available at:
- A basic knowledge of Drupal site building.
Important notes on updating from Slick 7.x-2.0-beta1
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 11,928 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 40,385
- Last modified: August 9, 2016
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.