Slick is a powerful and performant slideshow/carousel solution leveraging Ken Wheeler's Slick carousel.
Powerful: Slick is one of the sliders, as of 9/15, the only one, which supports nested sliders and a mix of lazy-loaded image/video/audio with image-to-iframe or multimedia lightbox switchers. See below for the supported media. Create a new task if no longer valid.
Performant: Slick is stored as plain HTML the first time it is requested, and then reused on subsequent requests. Carousels with cacheability and lazyload are lighter and faster than those without.
- Fully responsive. Scales with its container.
- Uses CSS3 when available. Fully functional when not.
- Swipe enabled. Or disabled, if you prefer.
- Desktop mouse dragging.
- Fully accessible with arrow key navigation.
- Built-in lazyLoad, and multiple breakpoint options.
- Random, autoplay, pagers, arrows, dots/text/tabs/thumbnail pagers etc...
- Works with Views, Image, Media or Field collection, or none of them.
- Supports pure text, responsive image, responsive iframe, video, and audio carousels with aspect ratio, see samples. No extra jQuery plugin FitVids is required. Just CSS.
- Exportable via CTools.
- Modular and extensible skins, e.g.: Fullscreen, Fullwidth, Split, Grid or multiple row carousel.
- Various slide layouts are built with the pure CSS goodness.
- Nested sliders/overlays, or multiple slicks within a single Slick.
- Modular integration with various contribs to build carousels with multimedia lightboxes or inline multimedia.
- Media switcher: Image linked to content, Image to iframe, Image to colorbox, Image to photobox.
- Cacheability + lazyload = light + fast.
Install the module as usual.
- Slick UI -- included, to manage optionsets, can be uninstalled at production.
- Slick Fields -- included, supports Image, Media file, and Field collection fields.
- Slick Media -- integration with Media Entity.
- Slick Video -- integration with Video Embed Field.
- Slick Views -- to build more complex carousels.
- Slick Entityreference -- integration with Entityreference.
- Scald Slick -- integration with Scald.
- Slick Example -- to get up and running quickly.
- Create a new task to get your module in here.
The README.txt is included in each sub-module for more detailed info, including troubleshooting where appropriate.
Other modules that integrate with slick
- Intense, for viewing images on the full screen.
Slick supports enhancements and more complex layouts.
- Colorbox, supports image, video, and audio displays.
- Photobox, idem ditto.
- Picture, to get truly responsive image.
- Media, including Youtube, Vimeo, and Soundcloud.
- Field Collection, to add overlay image/audio/video over the main image stage, with additional basic Scald integration for the image/video/audio overlay.
- Color field module, or core plain text, within Field collection to colorize the slide individually.
- Mousewheel, so it is available at:
Slick works with Views and is available as a style plugin. Select Slick carousel as the format. Adjust the settings as needed.
This sample applies to Slick 1.x. For Slick 2.x, please see slick.api.php.
// Add items. $items = array(); $items = array('#markup' => ''); $items = array('#markup' => ''); $items = array('#markup' => ''); // Add options. $options = array( 'autoplay' => TRUE, 'dots' => TRUE, 'arrows' => FALSE, ); print theme('slick_carousel', array('items' => $items, 'options' => $options));
- Slick library:
Download Slick archive, extract it as is, rename "slick-master" to "slick", so the needed assets are available at:
sites/../libraries/slick/slick/slick-theme.css (optional if a skin chosen)
- Libraries (D7 only)
- jQuery 1.7 (via jquery_update or jqmulti) (D7 only)
- CTools for 2.x (D7 only)
- jqeasing., so available at:
- A basic knowledge of Drupal site building.
Important notes on updating from Slick 7.x-2.0-beta1
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 11,851 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 36,537
- Last modified: July 18, 2016