Googtube allows users to embed Youtube, Vimeo and Google Videos in a simple way without tags. When users post a url to videos the link is automatically converted to a video witch is actually embed code.
- Version 7.x-2 is online
- DRUPAL 8 - TL;DR - Drupal 8.3 or 8.4 should have images and Youtube video integration in core, first as experimental modules. There is no upgrade path.
- "Today, when you install Drupal 8.2, the out-of-the-box media handling is very basic. [...] In order to do so, we're introducing a media entity type which supports plugins for various media types. We're currently aiming to support ** images and YouTube videos in core **, while contributed modules will continue to provide more, like audio, Facebook, Twitter, etc. To facilitate media reuse, WYSIWYG image embedding will be rebuilt using media entities and a media library will be included to allow selecting from pre-existing media. We believe this could be achieved in a relatively short time — to be included in Drupal 8.3 or Drupal 8.4 as experimental modules." - Dries Buytaert, nov 2016.
- See here for the plan : http://buytaert.net/a-plan-for-media-management-in-drupal-8
- See here for updates : https://www.drupal.org/node/2786785
- If someone wants to continue support for this module, let me know.
There are now four methods to show video (since version 7.x-2.0 or 6.x-2.0):
-Colorbox (needs Colorbox module to be installed)
-Floatbox (needs Floatbox module to be installed)
- Copy the googtube folder to the Drupal sites/all/modules/ directory.
- Go to 'administer > modules', and enable the googtube.module
- Go to 'administer > configuration > input formats' and enable the filter in the desired input formats. (At least "Filtered HTML")
- Rearrange the filters on the input format's 'rearrange' tab to
resolve conflicts with other filters. After the HTML filter and before the URL Filter is probably best.
- (Optional) Change the options in the filter tab if needed (version X.x-2.0 and more)
For example, my "Filtered HTML" is rearrange like this
HTML filter googtube filter Line break converter URL filter HTML corrector
If you don't do this, you'll end up with double videos.
Maintainer : alexandreracine
Original creator : keizo
- Maintenance status: Seeking new maintainer
- Development status: No further development
- Module categories: Content Display, Media
- Reported installs: 1,341 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 26,070
- Last modified: 11 January 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.