Googtube allows users to embed Youtube, Vimeo and Google Videos in a simple way without tags. When users post a url to videos the link is automatically converted to a video witch is actually embed code.
-Version 7.x-2 is online (new features and dev here)
-Version 6 is online (no more in development)
-Versions before that are unsupported
There are now four methods to show video (since version 7.x-2.0 or 6.x-2.0):
-Colorbox (needs Colorbox module to be installed)
-Floatbox (needs Floatbox module to be installed)
- Copy the googtube folder to the Drupal sites/all/modules/ directory.
- Go to 'administer > modules', and enable the googtube.module
- Go to 'administer > configuration > input formats' and enable the filter in the desired input formats. (At least "Filtered HTML")
- Rearrange the filters on the input format's 'rearrange' tab to
resolve conflicts with other filters. After the HTML filter and before the URL Filter is probably best.
- (Optional) Change the options in the filter tab if needed (version X.x-2.0 and more)
For example, my "Filtered HTML" is rearrange like this
Line break converter
If you don't do this, you'll end up with double videos.
Coders or new features
I don't code much these days (I used to, I was in the IT for 15 years!)
If you want a new feature:
- Talk to me first to see if this feature is in the scope of googtube (or create a feature request with the subject)
- Code it against the latest DEV release and create a patch.
- I'll test it and if it's working great, it will be commited.
This does take some time before I check it out, so be patient. Thanks.
Maintainer : alexandreracine
Co-maintainer : Drupaljoe
Original creator : keizo