Hi! I lead Acquia's India office. I live in Delhi.
I've worked as a trainer, project manager and engineer; building websites since 1999. I love to help people learn stuff. and things.
Basketball, guitar, mandolin, bowling, jokes, singing, friends, theatre
- Member for
- 9 years 7 months
- Over 10 edits
Right now, I'm mostly an evangelist. So my contributions are inspiring and organizing other people. I'm also building the Acquia Drupal business in India.
I also build curriculum and deliver trainings. These trainings are on basic topics like where Drupal fits in the marketplace to site building all the way up to advanced topics on module development, large scale architectures and design patterns.
I spent a couple years before this building http://drupalgardens.com and as part of that, spearheaded the D7 version of the media module which attempts to be a digital asset management system in Drupal.
In D7 core, I was the original author of what is now called the Update Manager (GUI based module and theme updates/installs) Here is the old issue
I also work for Acquia (http://acquia.com).
My other project and somewhat neglected step child is the Apache Solr Integration module which we have turned into a hosted service. I primarily work on the hosted service, but I also help out on the module.
I'm passionate about integrating best of breed FOSS projects with Drupal and Drupal usability enhancements.
Before Acquia, I was a Drupal consultant, building websites for NGOs/NPOs for 2 years with CivicActions (http://civicactions.com). Before that, I thought Drupal was pronounced DrupAHL but I've worked with computers professionally for about 11 years.
Credited on 1 issue fixed in the past 3 months
- Media (252 commits)
- Rotating Banner (66 commits)
- Apache Solr Search (37 commits)
- Workflow Owner (24 commits)
- Media Development Profile (20 commits)
- Admin role (18 commits)
- Media Gallery (16 commits)
- Workflow (14 commits)
- Mailing List (11 commits)
- Plupload integration (11 commits)
- Google Search Appliance (9 commits)
- HEAD to HEAD (9 commits)
- Similar Nodes (8 commits)
- Mollom API module (5 commits)
- North Drop - Sample database for Drupal learning and profiling (4 commits)
- Block Theme (4 commits)
- Styles (4 commits)
- File Entity (fieldable files) (4 commits)
- Multiple forms (3 commits)
- Acquia Connector (3 commits)
- DUMMY Update test module (3 commits)
- Views Fast Search (3 commits)
- Media Mover (3 commits)
- Media: YouTube (2 commits)
- Media: Flickr (1 commit)
- Block Term (1 commit)
- AdaptiveTheme (1 commit)
- Media Browser Plus (1 commit)
- Total: 537 commits
JacobSingh helps support and grow the Drupal community with the Drupal Association.