Revolutionize your Drupal search experience
This module integrates Drupal with the Apache Solr search platform. Solr search can be used as a replacement for core content search and boasts both extra features and better performance. If you're looking for Apache Solr integration, this is possibly the best option available.
- Faceted Search
- Faceted search is supported if you use the facet API module. Facets will be available for you ranging from content author to taxonomy to arbitrary fields.
- More like this
- Relevant content blocks ("More like this" blocks) can be added to any node page. The block will show you relevant nodes and/or nodes similar to the one your site-visitor is viewing. The analysis happens realtime in Solr
- Search Pages
- Multiple search pages with optionally customized search results, layout and others
- Search Environments
- Add multiple Solr Search cores and query them so you can optimally connect to the one of your choice. Ideal to have multiple facet configurations.
- Range Queries
- These query types, in combination with Facet Api Slider, delivers a very rich faceting experience delivers to the end user.
- Full Entity support
- Supports Custom Entity indexing through hooks. Examples such as Apachesolr Commerce,
Apachesolr User and Apachesolr Term can give you a headstart in developing your own indexing code for your entity
- All of the configs for 7.x-1.x and 6.x-3.x should be exportable using your preferred way of working. If you see something that cannot be reverted of exported properly, please file a bug report.
- Apache Solr Attachments (7.x & 6.x)
- Send your files to Apache Tika and allow Drupal to search in your attachments/files
- Apache Solr Multisite search (7.x & 6.x)
- Combine any combination of 6.x-3.x and 7.x-1.x Drupal sites to let them all search and index to the same Apache Solr core index
- Apache Solr Devel(7.x-1.x)
- Allows to fetch your entity from the solr index in a similar way as you can show the entity object in the devel tab of any entity. Very useful to find out what values you have in Solr for each field.
- Rich Snippets(7.x-1.x)
- By using RDF and schema.org semantic data for your structured content you can now show similar snippets as the ones Google provides
- Apache Solr Sort (7.x-1.x)
- Adds support for the Solr Grouping feature and adds an UI to enable/disable sort fields
- Apache Solr API Examples (7.x-1.x, 6.x-3.x)
- Shows you, with real examples, how to program Drupal modules using the Apache Solr Search Integration API
- Apache Solr Parallel Indexing (7.x-1.x, 6.x-3.x)
- Using PHP socket streams we can execute a number of php processes at the same time to make indexing speed faster. Speed increase is limited by the number of CPU's
- Apache Solr Location (7.x-1.x)
- Indexes your location based fields and adds facets based on that informations
- Apache Solr User Indexing (7.x-1.x, 6.x-1.x)
- Index users and allow Drupal to search through them.
- Apache Solr Term Indexing (7.x-1.x)
- Index taxonomy terms and allow Drupal to search through them
- Apache Solr Commerce (7.x-1.x)
- Index Commerce entities and add facets for the price, SKU's and other fields that are specific to them
- Apache Solr Ubercart (7.x-1.x, 6.x-1.x)
- Index Ubercart nodes and add facets for the price, SKU's and other fields that are specific to them
- Apache Solr Organic Groups Integration (7.x-1.x, 6.x-1.x, 6.x-3.x)
- Indexes special fields for the Organic Groups module
- Apache Solr Multilingual (7.x-1.x, 6.x-1.x)
- Add multilingual support to your Apache Solr Schema and let Drupal index it in the respective fields so the text will be analysed using the correct language parsers.
- Apache Solr Autocomplete (7.x-1.x, 6.x-1.x)
- Add autocomplete features to your search forms
- Apache Solr Views (7.x-1.x, 6.x-1.x)
- Allows you to create views straight from the Solr index. Useful for small blocks with search results
- Display Suite (7.x-1.x)
- Display Suite comes with full support for the Apache Solr Search Integration module. The maintainers tried to find a way to stay flexible and to stay fast. Careful as enabling this will increase the size of your index significantly
- Your module?
- Created a module and intend to keep it active? Let us know!
- Drupal.org handbook section
- Listing of others posts and videos external to drupal.org
- Nick_vh's blog offers screencasts, technical insight and other information regarding the Drupal and Apache Solr integration
- 7.x-1.x: The branch for Drupal 7 with new features. The main supported branch.
- 6.x-3.x: Full backport of the 7.x-1.x branch. Features all functionality of 7.x-1.x. This version is currently in use by Drupal.org! So it is certainly stable enough to begin your D6 to D7 upgrade with. There is a limited upgrade path included.
- 6.x-1.x: Most used version for Drupal 6 sites. It is also the version that is shipped in Acquia Drupal 6
The module comes with schema.xml, solrconfig.xml, and protwords.txt files which must be used in your Solr installation in order to get the module to work correctly.
Found a bug?
Before you post a bug, maybe sure you read about how to report and solve problems. Support issues dealing with server setup and configuration may be summarily closed, since they are beyond they scope of the Drupal module.
Sites using ApacheSolr
Projects that are co-maintained in combination with this one
Some other Contrib modules
See the more complete list of other related projects in the handbook. This handbook page is user maintained so if you see a mistake, please update it.
Documentation and videos
About the version numbers
Support and Commercial Solr as a service offering
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Search
- Reported installs: 22,493 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 839,062
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: 18 June 2015
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.