Display Suite allows you to take full control over how your content is displayed using a drag and drop interface. Arrange your nodes, views, comments, user data etc. the way you want without having to work your way through dozens of template files. A predefined list of layouts (D7 only) is available for even more drag and drop fun!
By defining custom view modes (build modes in D6), you can define how one piece of content should be displayed in different places such as teaser lists, search results, the full node, views etc.
Watch a screencast to see it all in action!
- Add your own custom fields in the backend or in your code
- Add custom layouts in your theme (D7 only)
- Change labels, add styles or override field settings (semantic fields).
- Full integration with Views and Panels
- Extend the power of your layouts by installing Field Group
- Optimal performance with Object cache (D6) or Entity cache (D7) integration
The drupal 8 version is a port of the 7.x-2.x branch with some noticeable changes.
- We removed the search functionality, Search API pages should be a good alternative.
- We removed the form functionality because it was buggy and shouldn't be needed anymore now we have form modes.
- Writing php in the UI is NOT possible anymore to improve security.
- We use twig for layouts and field templates.
- Field functions are now field plugins.
- Field templates are now plugins and extensible.
- Layouts are exposed through the layout plugin module. See https://www.drupal.org/node/2578731 how you can declare your own layout and use it with Display Suite and Panels at the same time.
For Drupal 7 all functionality has moved into this module. This includes support for nodes, users, comments, terms, search, Views displays. All in one package, less code, even more power!
- Display Suite: The main module to rearrange your fields.
- Search: extend the search results for Drupal core or Apache Solr.
- Extras: extra functionality like semantic fields, region to block, hide page title etc.
- Forms: style the layout of forms.
- Format: provides a PHP filter with entity context (only 7.x-2.x and higher)
- UI: Manage custom fields, classes and view modes through UI (only 7.x-2.x and higher)
Differences between the 7.x-1.x and 7.x-2.x branch
- Documentation at http://drupal.org/node/1524800.
- New features will only go into the second branch, bugs will be fixed in both, if applicable.
- The most important difference however is this: do not upgrade from 1 to 2. It will break your layouts and configuration.
The Drupal 7 version requires the Chaos Tool Suite also known as CTools.
All info, links to compatible or API integration modules, articles, screencasts etc. can be found on the documentation pages. There is also a group on groups.drupal.org to discuss new larger developments, post use cases etc.
The project has been sponsored in various ways by
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content Display
- Reported installs: 160,474 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,134,777
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: December 11, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.