Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Member for
- 13 years 4 months
- Over 50 edits
Khalid has been a contributer to the Drupal project, and a member of the community since 2003. He is also a permanent member of the General Assembly for the Drupal Association.
As co-founder of 2bits.com, Inc., he provides various Drupal services to clients, including customization, development, performance tuning and consulting for Drupal web sites. Since 2bits.com, Inc. is an active contributor to Drupal, it is listed on the Drupal services section of this web site.
As a member of the community, Khalid developed the following features which are part of Drupal core.:
- Site offline/maintenance feature (also here).
- Watchdog hook, and logging and alerts for Drupal 6 and here and here. This caused me to be the maintainer of logging and alerts starting with Drupal 6.
- Drupal to work behind reverse proxies, which was written for Drupal.org when it started to run behind a Squid proxy.
- Implement an automatic whitelist for path alias lookups to reduce the number of queries that Drupal makes.
- Theming of "submitted" for nodes and comments, to make customizing of these author and date/time easier and more consistent.
Other minor core changes and fixes include Separating the forum block for the sake of consistency, adding a subject to contact form, fixing the search box in PHPTemplate-based core themes, delete a user's session when a user is deleted, and fix for wrong SQL arguments, and notices, remove old pre-formAPI text from login page and remove reference to obsolete table name nominated to the most trivial patch of the month.
Khalid, and 2bits.com, maintain several modules that run on drupal.org, as well as the association web site.
- Donation module, for collecting donations via Paypal
- Fee module, for those attending the Barcelona 2007 Drupal Conference site to pay the fees
- Feature module
- Lists module
Google Summer of Code
Khalid has mentored students for Google Summer of Code Drupal projects since the program's inception in 2005. Students from past years have become mentors themselves in subsequent years.
2bits.com, Inc, has written many modules for clients or for web sites we run, and contributed them to the community.
Here is a list that we occasionally update, and would give you an idea on what 2bits.com, Inc. can do for you.
- Clean Feeds
- Click Thru Tracking
- Currency Exchange
- Delete all
- Mailing lists subscriptions
- Extended Tracker
- Favorite Nodes
- Flag content
- Image watermark
- Job Search
- Mailing lists subscription
- Logging and alerts
- Node Vote
- Profile CSV
- Referer Theme
- Reroute Email
- SecondLife Framework
- Session Expire
- Simple Paypal Framework
- SpreadFirefox Affiliates
- User Points
- User Points contributed modules
- User Referral
Khalid started very early on with the Toronto Drupal Users Group, in 2006. Later, he co-founded the Waterloo Region Drupal Users Group, and presented several talks to that group as well as helped source speakers and sessions.
Presentations and talks
As part of promoting Drupal, the following presentations and talks were conducted:
- Drupal Camp Toronto 2010: 3.4 million page views per day, 92 M per month, one server and Drupal!
- DrupalCon San Francisco 2010: 2.4 million page views per day, 60 million per month, one server
- DrupalCon Washington DC 2009: Backend Drupal performance optimization and tuning: a guide for everyone.
- DrupalCon Boston 2008: Performance Tuning and Optimization for high traffic Drupal sites
- DrupalCon Boston 2008: Drupal For Fun and Profit: how to make a career in Open Source
- Drupal performance tuning and optimization for high traffic sites (OpenCraft, Cairo, Egypt, August 2007)
- Userpoints module and API (OpenCraft, Cairo, Egypt, August 2007)
- Drupal Camp Toronto May 2007: Performance tuning and optimization for high traffic Drupal sites
- Building communities using userpoints module and API (Drupal Camp Toronto May 2007)
- Using CCK/Views/Panels to build Drupal web sites (Drupal Camp Toronto May 2007)
- Using Drupal to build community web sites (Drupal Camp Toronto May 2006)
Many of the above presentations are available on 2bits.com, Inc. web site.
Credited on 1 issue fixed in the past 1 year
- User Points (242 commits)
- Google AdSense integration (202 commits)
- User Points Contributed modules (140 commits)
- Performance Logging and Monitoring (122 commits)
- Feedback (102 commits)
- Devel (96 commits)
- SiteMenu (85 commits)
- User Referral (76 commits)
- CustomError (71 commits)
- Node Vote (67 commits)
- Flag content (59 commits)
- Nagios monitoring (57 commits)
- Currency (57 commits)
- Job Search (55 commits)
- Favorite Nodes (55 commits)
- Stock (40 commits)
- Image watermark (28 commits)
- Signup Pay for a node (25 commits)
- Drupal.org customizations (24 commits)
- Technorati (23 commits)
- SpreadFirefox (22 commits)
- Click Thru Tracking (22 commits)
- Reroute Email (21 commits)
- Stock API (17 commits)
- Donation (15 commits)
- Extended Tracker (15 commits)
- Second Life framework (14 commits)
- e-Commerce (13 commits)
- Delete all (13 commits)
- Clean Feeds (13 commits)
- Affiliates (13 commits)
- Text Link Ads Integration (11 commits)
- Profile CSV (11 commits)
- Queue Mail (10 commits)
- Logging and alerts (10 commits)
- Democratica (10 commits)
- Simple Paypal Framework (8 commits)
- Fee (6 commits)
- Topic / answers (6 commits)
- Feature (6 commits)
- Sitemap (5 commits)
- Lincoln's Revenge (5 commits)
- iMIS authentication (5 commits)
- Session expire (5 commits)
- Nudge (5 commits)
- Previous/Next API (5 commits)
- Documentation (4 commits)
- Role activity (4 commits)
- Mailing lists subscription (4 commits)
- No Anonymous Sessions (3 commits)
- Userpoints Karma (3 commits)
- User points Nodes and Comments (2 commits)
- Invite (2 commits)
- Image (1 commit)
- Event (1 commit)
- Vote Up/Down (1 commit)
- Secure Login (1 commit)
- BiDi (1 commit)
- Kudos (1 commit)
- User matching (1 commit)
- IndexPage (1 commit)
- Kiosk Theme (1 commit)
- Plugin Manager (1 commit)
- Buddylist (1 commit)
- Referer Theme (1 commit)
- Node Matching API (1 commit)
- Register with Picture (1 commit)
- Total: 1948 commits