Invitations are important to create network effects and exponential growth of a community of interest. This module provides an Invite a friend feature to allow your users to send and track invitations to join your site.
The 2.x branch contains new features such as an administrator interface, resend capabilities and allowing multiple invitations to the same e-mail address. This version is unsupported now.
It utilizes power of Entities and Entities API, which allows to use Rules, Views, Tokens, etc. Any testing or ideas are welcome.
Status: Under development
Sending methods are now pluggable.
Please see current README.txt. (Needs update, any help?)
Invite allows other modules to interact on certain events (but still no core trigger/actions support, sorry):
- User Relationships: Automatically create a relationship between inviting and invited user.
7.x-2.x: Use helper submodule in User Relationships (user_relationship_invites).
7.x-4.x: Use Invite User Relationships
- Userpoints: Credit some points to inviters for sending registrations and/or successful registrations. See Userpoints Invite
Modules to extend Invite:
Contact Importer: let users import contacts from their webmail address books.Appears to be defunct and no services are working.
- Request Invitation: require users who are interested in closed/semi-private sites to first request an invitation.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Community, Organic Groups (OG)
- Reported installs: 3,614 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 122,535
- Last modified: 28 April 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
There are currently no supported stable releases.