Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
The Nagios monitoring module integrates your Drupal site with the Nagios monitoring application.
The module reports to Nagios that the site is up and running normally, including:
- PHP is parsing scripts and modules correctly (in case PHP gets disabled for some reason)
- The database is accessible from Drupal
- Whether there are configuration issues with the site, such as:
- pending Drupal version update
- pending Drupal module updates
- unwritable 'files' directory
- Pending updates to the database schema
- Cron not running for a specified period
- Anything else reported in the Administer -> Reports -> Status report (requirements)
If you already use Nagios in your organization to monitor your infrastructure, then this module will be useful for you. If you only run one or two Drupal sites, Nagios may be overkill for this task.
This module supports two ways of interacting with Nagios. NRPE or standard checking over HTTP. The NRPE approach is recommended, as it is far more secure. If you are using the http check method then be aware this module exposes the following information from your web site:
- The number of published nodes.
- The number of active users.
- Whether an action requiring the administrator's attention (e.g pending module updates, unreadable 'files' directory, ...etc.)
To mitigate the security risks involved, make sure you use a unique user agent string, as documented in the README.txt. Please note that this is not a fool proof solution.
If you are really concerned about this information being publicly accessible, then use NRPE and make sure you remember to disable the Nagios status page in admin.
Installation and Configuration
For installation and configuration instructions, see the README.txt file included with this module.
- Article by Victor Kane: Nagios Drupal Monitoring.
- New module: Using Nagios to monitor your Drupal sites
- Presentation: Monitoring Drupal using Nagios integration
The following sites have been known to use this module:
The author can also be contacted for paid customizations of this module as well as Drupal consulting, installation, development, and customizations.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Third-party Integration, Utility
- Reported installs: 3,180 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 43,445
- Last modified: October 6, 2015
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.