This module intercepts all outgoing emails from a Drupal site and reroutes them to a predefined configurable email address.
This is useful in case where you do not want email sent from a Drupal site to reach the users. For example, if you copy a live site to a test site for the purpose of development, and you do not want any email sent to real users of the original site. Or you want to check the emails sent for uniform formatting, footers, ...etc.
This is also a good demonstration of what hook_mail_alter(), available in Drupal 5.x and later, can do.
Installation and Configuration
Check the README.txt file for detailed instructions on installation, configuration and usage.
Tips and Tricks
Overriding configuration variables:
Reroute Email provides configuration variables that you can directly override in the settings.php file of a site.
This is useful for moving sites from live to test and vice versa.
For more information and a code snippet, please check the README.txt file under the section Tips and Tricks.
- Mail Redirect changes the domain of the outgoing mail server whereas Reroute Email completely changes the outgoing email address.
The author can also be contacted for paid customizations of this module as well as Drupal consulting, installation, development, and customizations.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Developer, Mail, Utility
- Reported installs: 7,914 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 433,048
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: September 9, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.