Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
The no_anon module eliminates the need for sessions for anonymous users
This has the potential to reduce the server load and/or database contention on busy sites, since crawlers do not create entries in the session table for every page view.
See how this positively affected a large site at reducing server load by eliminating anonymous sessions for Drupal 6.x.
Some modules use the
$_SESSION superglobal variable to store info for anonymous users will be affected by this module. If your modules use this only for logged in users, then it will not be an issue. Before you install this module, make sure that your modules do not depend on that.
This approach is known to cause the following features not to work:
1. The core Who's Online block
2. The core Throttle module
3. The anonymous user count in the Administration Menu module.
4. OpenID (seefor more details.
For installation instructions, please refer to the README.txt file included with the tar ball.
Note that this module is for Drupal 6.x only. Drupal 7.x already has a similar feature in core.
- Maintenance status: Unknown
- Development status: Unknown
- Module categories: Performance and Scalability
- Reported installs: 155 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 2,965
- Last modified: December 1, 2014
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities. Use at your own risk!