Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
In http://buytaert.net/a-method-for-giving-credit-to-organizations-that-con..., Dries proposed a commit message format that would allow providing credit to customers and agencies who fund contribution back to Drupal.
The goals around this are three-fold:
- Give credit to the funders of work in the community. The hope is that exposing this credit will give companies incentive to give back more.
- Study how the community works, by studying the relationships between customers, agencies, and volunteer contributions and how and where the money is flowing.
- Clearly identify "teams" of people who work for the same employer/customer (and thus raise potential conflicts of interest on controversial issues)
The idea seems to have a pretty broad base of support, both from business people and from individual contributors, even outside of Drupal.
This issue is to figure out how to make that happen on Drupal.org.
Start with a UI for collecting credit information on issues and store this in the database. Over time, expose this information on organization profiles and use it in other ways (e.g. sorting the list of marketplace vendors by biggest contributors).
- Expose fields in issue comment form for "attribution." & Display organization/customer info in node/comment view
- Auto-generate commit messages with org credit since obviously this will not be sustainable for a human to figure out on every commit. See also
- Add contribution info to organization pages No mockup yet.
In order to support that, we need the following:
- Make the current "Organizations" profile field an entity reference off to canonical organization nodes.
- Possibly others.
- Resolve the child issues.
- Do that.
User interface changes