Mike Gifford is the founder of OpenConcept Consulting Inc, which he started in 1999. Since 2000, he has been particularly active in developing and extending open source content management systems to allow people to get closer to their content. Mike has been very active in building online campaigns for progressive organizations and politicians in both Canada and the United States. Working with a wide range of organizations, OpenConcept is in a unique position to build community and share the accumulated knowledge from a variety of sectors. Before starting OpenConcept, Mike had worked for a number of national NGOs including Oxfam Canada and Friends of the Earth.
As a techie at heart, Mike likes to get into the code when he gets the chance. Being familiar with everything from accessibility issues to system administration provides the ability to understand the technological big picture. Being ultimately concerned though about the implementation and implications of the technology he is able to envision how your website can become a much more powerful communications tool for your organization.
Mike has been involved with accessibility issues since the early 1990's and is a strong advocate for standards based design.
- Member for
- 10 years 6 months
- Over 100 edits
Since 2009, I've contributed to the accessibility enhancements adopted by the Drupal community, including improvements in Drupal 7 core. I've also presented at DrupalCamp Toronto & Montreal and organized meetups and events showcasing Drupal in government. I've played a leadership role in the Ottawa Drupal Users Group and am contributing to our first Drupal Camp.
Credited on 11 issues fixed in the past 3 months
- Earth Hour (34 commits)
- Troll (20 commits)
- Connect (8 commits)
- Chase Paymentech for Ubercart (6 commits)
- Accessible Helper Module (4 commits)
- Drupal.org customizations (4 commits)
- Virtual Machine (3 commits)
- Drupal.org cross-site customizations (2 commits)
- Project issue tracking (2 commits)
- Homebox (2 commits)
- Zen (2 commits)
- Openlayers (2 commits)
- Click HeatMap (2 commits)
- Social Actions (1 commit)
- Bluecheese (1 commit)
- Organic Groups Translation (1 commit)
- Organic Groups Hierarchy (1 commit)
- Advanced CSS/JS Aggregation (1 commit)
- Postcard (1 commit)
- Varnish HTTP Accelerator Integration (1 commit)
- Views Slideshow Configurable Controls (1 commit)
- Ubercart Webform Integration (1 commit)
- Field Group (1 commit)
- Views (1 commit)
- simplytest.me (1 commit)
- Total: 103 commits
mgifford helps support and grow the Drupal community with the Drupal Association.