Last updated March 14, 2015.
This page is deprecated. See http://cgit.drupalcode.org/drupal/tree/core/MAINTAINERS.txt for a current list of initiatives and initiative leads.
We are hard at work on the next version of Drupal. Some of the great things planned include better HTML5 and mobile support, improved multilingual features, and setting up Drupal 8 on a modern web development framework. But we can't do any of it without your help!
Core development structure
Drupal 8 is the first development cycle introducing official Core initiatives. These are areas with named leads to improve Drupal core in certain areas. However, this does not limit core development to these main areas, there are many community initiatives as well.
Core initiatives status overview
|Views in Core||
Views in Drupal Core (VDC) #
- Portland sprint, May 18-26.
- Dublin sprint, June 23-30.
Most important places to help 2013/05/08
Scrum notes updated 2013/05/08
- Iterative usability improvements
- Active work on plugin system architectural & DX issues.
- Ongoing cleanup and refactoring within the Views codebase.
Convert other types of listings
Integrations with other initiatives
- Crell, olli, ParisLiakos, jibran, webchick, Bojhan, Wim Leers
- VDC team: dawehner, damiankloip, tim.plunkett, xjm.
Configuration management #
For updates on CMI, see the Configuration Management Initiative site.
Web Services #
- Initiative meeting every Tuesday in #drupal-wscci
Most important places to help 3/12/13
Scrum notes 3/12/13
- Post feature-freeze update posted here: http://groups.drupal.org/node/286108
- Global sprint weekend was a big success for WSCCI. We got a lot done during the sprints and we are now able to start the conversion process for page callbacks. We can start crowdsourcing now for this conversion issues as they are easier to pick up than many of the previous WSCCI issue that required a real expertise. Conversion issues are tagged "WSCCI Conversion", here's a list of them: http://drupal.org/project/issues/search/drupal?issue_tags=WSCCI-conversi...
- : Rtbc :)
- : Committed! :)
- : Committed! :)
- : Rtbc :)
- : Crell will check upstream with the Symfony people
- : Work on this is happening in #1845402, this has turned into a meta-issue. A spin-off for action links has been created:
- : Need someone to pick this up! This is priority!
- : Needs work. Katbailey is working on this.
- : Cosmicdreams has broken this patch into smaller parts and is currently working on part 1. He and Dawehner have made some progress and posted a new patch.
- : Needs work. Mostly comes down to simple test, needs some unraveling (at least as much as possible)
- : Latest patch failed testing, needs work. It’s priority as it is blocking .
- : Blocked on #1668866.
- : Patch is failing testing and needs work.
- : New patch posted, needs review.
- : Needs a little more work, getting close!
- : Still needs some work. This is the highest priority issue!
- Thanks to a last minute push by dawehner, timplunkett, and amateescu, we were able to land 3 blocking issues just barely before the sprint weekend started, msonnabaum, disasm, robmc, jaskho, nkadin, Kars-T, EllaTheHarpy, katbailey, linclark, klausi, larowlan, Les_Limand, and Ashleigh Thevenet for updates
- Drupal Dev Days Dublin pre-sprint
- Initiative meeting every Wednesday in #drupal-i18n
For updates on D8MI, see the Drupal 8 Multilingual Initiative site.
- Initiative meeting every other Wednesday in #drupal-mobile
Scrum notes from Meeting #45 - 7/17/2013
Do a survey of various style guides to see what others have named these components and build a list of possible components in a Google drive spreadsheet at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvR7gnIrX0ckdDgzNDI0blZVSnF...
As components are identified, create an issue for each component and then try to come to consensus based on the survey data. Add that new issue to the issue summary of #1995272: [Meta] Refactor module CSS files to use component-style selectors
Jesse has been driving a lot of front end work in improving the Accessibility of Drupal.
She will be speaking at Drupal Gov Days next week about accessibility
Most important places to help 8/06/2013
ARCHITECT OUR CSS
- NEXT STEPS: Plan out Component naming conventions, join JohnAlbin's sandbox:
Key issues which need attention:
Issues that need manual testing
kim.pepper, oresh, edrupal, Pawel, rcaracaus,Carwin,ry5n, echoz,rteijeiro, vijay.cgs, moshe weitzman, Lewis Nyman, Jessebeach, David_Rothstein, Kevin O'Leary, Chris Weber, John Ferris, sidharthap, BWPanda, nod_, YesCT, Gábor Hojtsy, Bojhan, & many more on the mobile issue queues.
- "Office hours" every Friday, all day in #drupal-scotch
Most important places to help 2/19/13
- SCOTCH could really use an issue queue wrangler -- someone to help summarize issues, list to-do's & make meta issues where needed. Contact SDBoyer in #drupal-contribute, this will make a big difference!
- - needs review
- - needs review
- create follow ups on generic administrative components and visibility settings for blocks as condition plugins (add and edit basically)
Scrum notes 2/19/13
- lots of progress & reviews over the past weekend
- controller is working!
- conditions patch is in!
- custom blocks is in!
- typed data validation is in!
- Plugin Cache Decorator to specify tags for cache items is in!
- progress happening on assetic issues
- contextual plugins is in and already getting revisions
- the initiative is officially working and rendering through blocks & layouts on the sandbox
- still working through follow-ups
- We really need to have a conversation about what should or shouldn't be in scope for the continuation of the initiative
- Assets blocked by partial responses
- need to have kris & sam discuss what architectural needs are most critical and write up a blog post about it
- need to review what work should be needed for completing the controller
- need to make an issue for master displays & work on it
- lots of follow-up work that needs to be done for controller (issues not yet created)
- wizard is slated for the next week or so
- trying to work on partial responses to unblock assets
- Larowlan, Tim Plunkette, SDBoyer, XJM, gabor, angie, alex, fago, damiankloip, amateescu