The Translation Management Tool (TMGMT) module provides a tool set for translating content from different sources. The translation can be done by people or translation services of all kinds. It builds on and uses existing language tools and data structures in Drupal and can be used in automated workflow scenarios.
This module does not make i18n or any other language module for Drupal obsolete. It does only facilitate the translation process.
The first beta has been released, large improvements have been made (see the release notes for details) and there's even more work to do. Please test the new version and report any bugs that you can find.
You can try out TMGMT in a Demo built on simplytest.me.
All Drupal text elements can be used as source for translation:
- I18n Strings (Menu, Terms etc.)
A plugin architecture allows for the introduction of additional text sources (internal and external). Details see Sources Architecture
External translation services can be used for creating a foreign language version of the source text. Or it can be presented to a user for translation. A plugin architecture allows for the integration of additional services.
For the time being you have the choice of these services:
- Export and import via xliff and HTML
- Local Translator (Allows users to translate jobs)
Available as separate projects
- Microsoft Translator (machine)
- Google Translate (machine)
- Nativy (human)
- Gengo (human, machine)
- Supertext (human)
- One Hour Translation (human)
- Translations.com GlobalLink Connect (human, machine)
- SDL BeGlobal (human)
- GlobalSight (human)
- REST Translator (human)
- Euroscript Global Content Management X-Connect (human)
- Smartling Global Fluency (human, machine)
- LiveWords (human, machine)
- thebigword (human, machine)
- Acclaro (human)
Translation Management Tool was built for D7. There will be no back port.
To use Translation Management Tool you need to install and activate the following modules (Make sure you're using the latest available version of them):
- Entity API
- Chaos Tools (Base for Views)
- Views Bulk Operations
- Content Translation (for the content translation source)
- Internationalization/i18n (for string translation)
- Entity translation (for the entity source)
- Rules (for node translation)
Initial development happened during a development sprint organized by Drupal Events in Zurich in January 2012 with more than 20 participants. See http://drupalevents.ch/drupal/codesprint-2012 for more information.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 3,345 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 27,906
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: January 6, 2017
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.