Beta 4 introduces some database schema changes, read carefully the release notes before upgrading.
Allows (fieldable) entities to be translated into different languages, by introducing entity/field translation for the new translatable fields capability in Drupal 7. Maintained by the Drupal core i18n team.
This project does not replace the Internationalization project, which focuses on enabling a full multilingual workflow for site admins/builders. Some features, e.g. content language negotiation or taxonomy translation, might overlap but most of them are unrelated.
- Title module allows to replace entity labels with fields to make them translatable.
Entity Translation requires core version at least 7.15.
- Drupal multilingual guide
- Blog post: How to setup entity translation by Randy Fay rfay
- General overview of features (with screenshots) in a Drupal core issue
- See also the node translation chapter of the excellent Multilingual Drupal 7 by Gábor Hojtsy.
Here is the (meta) issue:.
Bug fixing policy
This project is maintained mainly through voluntary and sponsored work, this means our resources are limited. Bug reports will be taken into consideration only if they allow to reproduce the reported issue:
- Ideally every bug report should meet the guidelines to create a good report. This is the preferred way as it allows anyone to step in and provide a patch.
- As an alternative, if you are not able to reproduce the bug on a clean installation, you can provide a snapshot of your site files and db.
Please note that providing a patch is not a substitute to creating a good bug report, although it is likely to speed up the bug fixing process.
Note also that we offer no warranty that your bug report will be addressed in an useful timeframe, although we will try our best.
Failing to comply with the guidelines above will cause your issue to be put in postponed (maintainer needs more info) status first, and in closed (cannot reproduce) status after a few weeks.
This module is part of D8 core now! Read the related issue: D8 content language battleplan to get more info.. You might be interested also in the full
This project is being sponsored by:
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Fields, Multilingual
- Reported installs: 25,954 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 863
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: January 22, 2015