Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
This module augments Views by allowing bulk operations to be executed on the displayed rows. It does so by showing a checkbox in front of each node, and adding a select box containing operations that can be applied. Drupal Core or Rules actions can be used.
7.x-3.x requires Entity API.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Views 7.x-3.x works with VBO 7.x-3.x
- Views 6.x-* is no longer supported due to a security issue see https://www.drupal.org/node/2516688
CREDITS AND SPONSORSHIP
- Post-alpha1 7.x-3.x work was sponsored by Commerce Guys.
- VBO 7.x-3.0-alpha1 was sponsored by Publicis Modem.
- Release 6.x-1.17 was sponsored by ThinkDrop.
- Release 6.x-1.11 was sponsored by the Islandora project at the University of Prince Edward Island.
- Release 6.x-1.5 was sponsored by Growing Venture Solutions.
- Early development was sponsored by OpenCraft.
Thank you all for your generous support.
If you feel this module is useful to your business, please consider the following:
- Administration Views uses VBO to provide overrides for the standard administration listing pages for nodes, comments, users, and taxonomies.
- Rules can be used to create custom actions to use with Views Bulk Operations. It can also be used to call bulk operation views programmatically.
- Improved Admin provides, well, improved admin pages using VBO.
- Total Control is an administrator dashboard that uses VBO.
- Views Send allows sending mass emails using VBO.
- VBO Context menu provides a context menu for VBO, where all operations available to the VBO show up on right click.
- Views Block in Views Hacks exposes blocks as Views objects that can be administered using a dedicated VBO.
- Language assignment provides an action to change a nodes' language.
A module called actions_permissions is included in the package. This module generates a permission for each action, and VBO honors those permissions before showing or executing the corresponding actions. This is useful if you want to provide your VBO to several groups of users with different privileges: the same view will accommodate those different groups, showing to each the actions that they are permitted to see.
MEANWHILE ON THE NET...
- Randy Fay did a screencast demonstrating the Rules integration of VBO for D7, and how it can be used to set field values on selected entities.
- Jochen Stals of krimson has published an article entitled Perform bulk operations on a custom database table with views. Thanks Jochen!
- Johan Falk of NodeOne has published a screencast entitled NodeOne talks Drupal: Rules + Views Bulk Operations, revisited. Thanks Johan!
- Bob Marchman of BriteSparkz has written an article entitled Ubercart, VBO, and CVS Exports. Interesting stuff!
- Johan Falk of NodeOne has written an article entitled Make Rules dance with Views Bulk Operations. Great stuff Johan!
- justintime has written an article on a real-life usage of VBO. Thanks Justin.
- Review at DrupalModules.com
- VBO has been included in the Open Atrium profile. I'm glad Development Seed found it useful!
- Featured in chapter 5 of Drupal 5 Views Recipes by mroswell. Thanks author!
- sirkitree has written a very cool technical article on writing a new user_operation. Thanks Jared.
- Featured in chapter 6 of O'Reilly's Using Drupal. Thanks authors!
- Featured in Lullabot Podcast #64. Thanks Lullabot and speakers.
- Starbow Consulting seem to like it too. Thanks Starbow.
- Robin Barre from CivicActions reviewed VBO and seemed to like it. Thanks Robin and CivicActions.
- ComputerMinds expressed their love for VBO and are applying the same concept to individual nodes. Great idea and thanks ComputerMinds.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Views
- Reported installs: 260,027 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 2,143,102
- Last modified: September 13, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.