Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
COD supports the management of Sponsors on your event website using the following features and modules.
This core module provides us with a Sponsor content type, a Sponsorship Level taxonomy vocabulary, and a few end user views for displaying the sponsors. To get started with Sponsors, you need to make sure the COD Sponsors feature is enabled during install or at Structure > Features.
First, set up your sponsorship levels such as Platinum, Gold, etc. These level are global terms or settings across all of your events. To create sponsorship levels:
- Click on Manage Conference for any of your events to go to your event dashboard.
- Next, click on the Add Sponsorship Level link. If you have the COD Sponsors Pages feature enabled, then the links will appear under the Sponsor tab from the event dashboard.
- Give your sponsorship level a name and optional description. Press save.
Once you save, you will be brought back to the event dashboard where you can continue to add your sponsorship levels.
COD Sponsors Exhibits
This module provides extra fields on the Sponsor content type for tracking if a sponsor has requested a booth, as well as giving the sponsor's assigned booth numbers. It will display this information on the Sponsor dashboard provided by the COD Sponsor Pages module.
Warning: Be aware that enabling this feature will revert any manual overrides you have made to your sponsor views that come with the COD Sponsors module. If you have overrides that you don't want to use, save them using the Features Override module first.
COD Sponsors Pages
This Sponsors panel is a dashboard for managing your sponsorship levels, pending and approved sponsors, and sponsor products (if you have COD Sponsors Commerce enabled). Once you enable the COD Sponsors Pages, you will have a new Sponsors tab inline with your event dashboard.
COD Sponsors Commerce
This module gives you the ability to sell sponsorships to people and organizations through the website.
COD & Commerce
COD includes the Drupal Commerce suite of modules for enabling paid events, sponsors, etc on the site. While Commerce core is installed with COD by default, we do not include any payment gateways since there are so many. Before you can set up paid events, you must first download and enable a payment gateway. This guide can help you learn about payment gateways such as authorize.net and PayPal. We have seen many others using Stripe.com and it's commerce module with COD as well.
Creating Sponsorship Products
To sell sponsorships, you must first create your sponsorship levels above. After you have created your levels, you can create your sponsor products.
- First, click Manage Conference for the event you are selling sponsorships.
- Next, click on the Sponsors tab to go to the sponsor dashboard.
- On this page, click on the Add Sponsor Product link.
- Give your product a sku, title, price, and select the sponsorship level the sponsor is purchasing. It's a good idea to "namespace" your product skus based on the event. For example, if we were selling a platinum level sponsorship for Drupal Camp Asheville 2015, we might give it a sku of dcavl2014_platinum_sponsor.
- Once you have filled out all the required fields, you can either press save to go back to the event dashboard, or save and add another to continue adding sponsor products.
Back on the event dashboard, you will now see a Sponsorship Products view in the sidebar.
Selling Sponsorship Products
Sponsors do not have the ability to self service their own sponsorships. Instead the process is moderated by a COD sponsor organizer.
To sell a sponsorship, you will first create the sponsor node.
- Navigate to the Sponsorship dashboard and click Add Sponsor.
- Fill out the sponsor details as best as possible. Make sure you select the sponsor level that you created a product for.
- When you click save, you will be brought back to the Sponsors dashboard.
- The sponsor will appear in the list, and you will see a link called Order Link. Provide this link to your sponsor. This will bring them directly to the cart with the sponsorship product added ready for checkout.