This module provides configurable actions upon events that will expire URLs from caches like reverse proxy caches, internal page caches, etc.This module make more sense when Minimum Cache Lifetime setting is set to a value other than none.
There is now integration with the following modules:
- Boost - deletes expired pages (files) from the file system.
- Varnish - integrates over an administrative socket.
- Fastly - Varnish/CDN caching
- Purge - expires urls by sending purge requests to Varnish, Squid and Nginx over HTTP.
- Acquia Purge - allows Drupal sites hosted on Acquia Cloud to automatically purge pages from their Varnish powered load balancers..
- Memcache Storage - allows to delete pages that were cached in a memcached instances.
- Akamai - provides an integration with the Akamai Cache Control Utility (CCU) Web Service
- Recacher - Page cache warmer.
- Panels Cache Expiration - provides expiration of panels cache based on events from Cache Expiration module.
- Nodequeue Expiration - provides expiration of pages based on events from the node queues.
- CloudFront Expiration - provides integration with Amazon CloudFront service.
Migration from 7.x-1.x to 7.x-2.x
There is no migration map from 7.x-1.x to 7.x-2.x branch. The latest branch provides absolutely new level of pages expiration. To have a proper migration process it is recommended to uninstall and delete 7.x-1.x. version of module, then download and install a 7.x-2.x branch release.
Features and integrations
Module's features may extend if next modules are enabled:
- Drush - provides drush commands to expire urls (xp-url), paths (xp-path), nodes (xp-node), users (xp-user), comments (xp-comment) from the command line shell and scripts. To use Drush integration you need to set up $base_url in your settings.php.
- Rules - provides actions for the Rules module to allow more advanced cache expiration scenarios.
- Token - provides modal dialog with list of available tokens.
- References and Entity reference - module may expire referenced entities' urls.
Current (7.x-2.x) branch has configurable expiration rules out of the box for:
- VotingAPI votes
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Drush, Performance and Scalability
- Reported installs: 27,978 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 235,330
- Last modified: April 12, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.