Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
This module provides integration between your Drupal site and Varnish cache, an advanced and very fast reverse-proxy system. Basically, Varnish handles serving static files and anonymous page-views for your site much faster and at higher volumes than Apache, in the neighborhood of 3000 requests per second.
This module provides admin-socket integration which allows Drupal to dynamically invalidate cache entries, and also lets you query the Varnish admin interface for status, etc.
Drupal 8 version
Drupal 6 and 7 version
Should be considered rather stable.
Drupal 5 version
Not supported anymore.
At the moment, using Varnish to any effect at all requires Drupal 7 or PressFlow.
We currently support Varnish 2.0, 2.1, 3 and 4 (Drupal 7 only).
Helpful information for those new to Varnish:
- Gregory Chaix's example VCL
- Setting up Varnish and Pressflow Project Mercury Style
- Varnish and Drupal on varnish-cache.org
Also, this module is beginning to implement dynamic cache expiration via the expire module, which will allow for much longer page lifetimes (and thus higher cache hitrates!).
Modules that should work good in combination with the varnish module.
"Varnish" is a registered trademark used with permission from Varnish Software.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Performance and Scalability
- Reported installs: 19,349 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 357,641
- Last modified: July 27, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.