Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
As a part ofwe are getting ready to migrate existing documentation into the new section.
During the migration:
- the content type for documentation will be changed from 'book page' to 'documentation page' and 'documentation guide'
- documentation will be split by major Drupal version ( )
- documentation will be reorganized into a new structure ( )
- book outline will be replaced with 'guides' system, where guide is a collection of documentation pages with own menu and maintainer(s), who have additional permissions to take care of the content inside of the guide
We will start by migrating 'generic' documentation, such as Understanding Drupal, Structure guide, etc. Documentation for contributed projects will follow in a couple of weeks.
Understanding Drupal Installation Guide Administration & Security Guide Structure Guide Multilingual Guide Mobile Guide Theming Guide Develop for Drupal
- Site Building Guide: contributed projects documentation
How to help
If you'd like to help during and after migration, sign up to maintain specific part of the documentation over at
Information for contributed project maintainers
If documentation for your project exists somewhere in Site Building Guide or any other documentation book, we will create a new documentation guide, and migrate existing docs into it. If you are project maintainer, you will be added as a guide maintainer, so that you could modify guide, its menu, its contents, add other guide maintainers, etc.
Please be prepared to spend a bit of time in the next few weeks modifying your documentation post-migration. If there is specific time before/after which you want us to migrate documentation for your project, please let us know in the comments.
NOTE: Existing order of pages set via Book outline will be lost during migration. You will have to rearrange menu of your new documentation guide to set desired order of the pages.
The hierarchy of the pages inside of the guide is flat, which means there are no 'child' pages, all of them are on the same level inside of the guide. We strongly encourage you to merge pages together, and have less but longer pages in your guide.