This issues serves as overview and should help to track progress. Background information is available at http://d8rules.org, also technical & architectural discussion can be found at read . The "#d8rules meeting notes" are organized on google docs.
- Beginner (you are looking for low-hanging fruits and small fixes which usually take less than 1 hour of work): Rules 8.x issues with the Novice tag
- Intermediate (you have some experience with coding in php, good progress can be made in 2+ hours): Rules 8.x issues with the Contributor tag
- Advanced (you want to get your feet wet in drupal 8 core integration issues): Drupal 8 core issues related to Rules 8.x
Goal: A beta for Drupal 8 core is just around the corner and in order to make sure that the core Conditions API & Context APIs fit the requirements of the Rules module.
Rules core engine, plugin types
Align Rules condition & action APIs with core
Parameter configuration & Context mapping
(Basic direct input support , Basic context mapping)
Goal: After making sure that core APIs are in-line with the requirements of the Rules module, we need to make sure that the Rules APIs are ready early enough, so that all other contributed modules that get ported to Drupal 8 can port their Rules integrations right from the beginning.
Complete Rules engine features
Rules plugins, part two (Events, Loops, ...)
Entity token support
- (and child issues)
Configuration entity, CMI and integrity
Generic Rules integrations
- Rules integration for "Data"
- Rules integration for Entities
Reusable UI components
- Typed Data Widgets and Formatters/Filters
Rules UI part 1
incl. UI, scheduler & integrations
Goal: Site builders will be able to start configuring workflows on their Drupal 8 sites from October 2014 on, when Rules 8.x will be released.
- Direct input support for entities
- Allow plugins to define module dependencies
- Log to the logging service
- Implement debug output using Drupal set message
- Write developer docs
Rules UI ()
- Rules component UI incl. Parameter configuration & permissions
Rules scheduler port
- Write developer docs (already started: https://fago.gitbooks.io/rules-docs/content/)
- Write end user documentation