Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
"Automatic Entity Label" is a small and efficient module that allows hiding of entity label fields. To prevent empty labels it can be configured to generate the label automatically by a given pattern.
This can be used on any entity type, including e.g. for node titles, comment subjects, taxonomy term names and profile2 labels.
Patterns for automatic labels can be constructed with tokens. Drupal core provides a basic set of tokens. For a token selection widget install the token module. Some entity types (e.g. profile2) provide tokens via the entity_token module (part of entity).
Advanced users can use PHP code for automatically generating labels.
- This module grew out of the Automatic node titles module and aims to be a full replacement.
- During installation all auto_nodetitle variables (
ant_*) are automatically migrated to this module and deleted to prevent conflicts between both modules.
- Automatic entity labels also works with title replacements provided by the Title module.
- If you find the module description above confusing, please help improve it:
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content
- Reported installs: 18,797 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 94,969
- Last modified: April 9, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.