Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
While working on the new content translation system for Drupal 7, we (the Drupal core i18n team) faced the need to convert node titles to the Field API in order to make nodes fully translatable.
We were not able to make this happen in Drupal 7 core (Automatic Nodetitles.and ), so we decided to find a solution for this in contrib: the idea is replacing node titles with fields à la
This will be exploited by the related Entity Translation project.
Title requires core version at least 7.15.
After enabling the module as usual, visit the Manage fields page of the content type, taxonomy vocabulary or "comment type" which you wish to replace fields of and click the replace link. That's all.
Bug fixing policy
This project is maintained mainly through voluntary and sponsored work, this means our resources are limited. Bug reports will be taken into consideration only if they allow to reproduce the reported issue:
- Ideally every bug report should meet the guidelines to create a good report. This is the preferred way as it allows anyone to step in and provide a patch.
- As an alternative, if you are not able to reproduce the bug on a clean installation, you can provide an anonymized snapshot of your site files and db.
Please note that providing a patch is not a substitute to creating a good bug report, although it is likely to speed up the bug fixing process.
Note also that we offer no warranty that your bug report will be addressed in an useful timeframe, although we will try our best.
Failing to comply with the guidelines above will cause your issue to be put in postponed (maintainer needs more info) status first, and in closed (cannot reproduce) status after a few weeks.
Entity labels now fully support translation and are fields in Drupal 8 core. All the other bells and whistles provided by Title are not part of core and are intended to be ported over in the 2.x branch (which has a new maintainer).
This project is being sponsored by:
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Fields, Multilingual
- Reported installs: 57,429 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 459,997
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: August 29, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.