Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Updated comment #237.
Field collection does not support node translation properly. Multilingual sites using the node translation method are not able to use Field collection.
Drupal 7 has two methods for translation: the node translation method used in previous versions of Drupal, and the Field translation method that will be used in future versions of Drupal (see Drupal 7's new multilingual systems (part 4) - Node translation). For the issue covering Field Translation, see .
As stated in the module's README.txt
* As of now, the field-collection field does not properly respect different
revisions or languages of the host entity. Thus, for now it is suggested to
only use the field for entities that are not revisionable and translatable.
Provide support to have Field collections work with note translation and utilize the $obj->language parameter.
* Commit the latest patch (comment #251).
* Notify users that node_clone and i18n_node is now supported and possibly link them to this issue / the fixup-script.
* Identify why FieldCollectionBasicTestCase didn't fail on comment #176
User interface changes
None at present, though some administrative configuration options may be relevant or necessary. For example: whether files used by image fields or file fields should be physically duplicated or whether translated fields should reference the same fid.
* Use of $langcode and LANGUAGE_NONE would change to be relevant to the host entity.
* Duplication of files for image fields and file fields may occur.
Original (related) reports by dbravender and FiNeX
FAILED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] Unable to apply patch field_collection-1316162-251.patch. Unable to apply patch. See the log in the details link for more information. View
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 132 pass(es). View
|#239||Screen Shot 04-23-14 at 01.58 PM.PNG||22.21 KB||PhilY|