Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Provides a field-collection field, to which any number of fields can be attached.
A field collection is internally represented as an entity, which is embedded in the host entity. Thus, if desired field collections may be viewed and edited separately too.
- Entity API (version 1.0 or later)
- For Entity Cache module compatibility / support, Entity API version 1.4 or later is required.
Drupal 8 Versions
Paragraphs is likely to replace field collection for Drupal 8. Field collection is on its way to being deprecated. It is recommended to use paragraphs instead of field collection for Drupal 8 projects.
- 8.x-1.x: Currently the most stable/tested version. Development has been moved to 8.x-3.x so 8.x-1.x will no longer be updated. It should be safe for 8.x-1.x users to upgrade to 8.x-3.x.
- 8.x-2.x: This was an experimental rewrite. The people working on this version have left the project so it is not supported. There is no upgrade path for users of 8.x-2.x.
- 8.x-3.x: Created from the latest version of 8.x-1.x, with the significant change that Field Collection fields now extend Entity Reference. It should be safe to upgrade from 8.x-1.x, but if you have custom code operating on Field Collections it may need to be updated.
- Field Collection Table
- Field Slideshow
- Field Collection Views
- Field Collection Deploy
- Field Collection Fieldset
Field collection has many issues open as can be seen in the queue. Please help answering questions, verifying problems and reviewing patches.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 170,050 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,234,961
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: December 23, 2016
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities. Use at your own risk!