Presenting Groundwork version 2... A progressive mobile first front-end framework for Drupal with modular scale typography and powerful layout engine for faster and more effective web development.
The groundwork has already been laid. Reduce your custom theming time! Use the starter theme as is, as a theme with simplistic/minimalistic design, or easily create your own sub-theme for faster theme development.
Here are the key features of Groundwork :
- HTML 5
- Responsive design (mobile-first) with configurable breakpoints. Defaults to 768, 960 and 1152
- Typography using modular scale.
- Web accessibility optimized with ARIA roles
- Semantic markup with separation of style with content.
- Bulletproof flexible grid system with 24 columns (units) as default.
- Configurable grid
- Configurable number of columns in the grid
- Configurable gutter width
- Comes with its own special font "Noceda Font Pro", a light, elegant and open sans-serif font built in with 304 Gwikons (Groundwork icons)
- Supports both sidebars
- 17 regions with a special "Aside" region visible only in nodes.
- Optimized typography for all standard elements
- Block source ordering per region
- Powerful layout engine provides unlimited layout possibilities
- Collection of preset CSS classes
- LESS CSS enhanced with loads of Drupal-specific mixins and bundles.
- HTML5 polyfill to support older browsers
- Drush support - Create your custom theme with advanced options in just one command.
- and many more.
What is Groundwork?
Groundwork is a front-end framework especially made for Drupal. It was built to help you design beautiful websites faster and more efficient. As its name implies, it's a groundwork which comes already with sensible generic style defaults, CSS browser hacks, collection of mixins, bundles and more. Because of Groundwork's basic generic style, you may also wish to use its starter sub-theme as is, as a structured minimalistic theme or design your own.