Views Slideshow can be used to create a slideshow of any content (not just images) that can appear in a View. Powered by jQuery, it is heavily customizable: you may choose slideshow settings for each View you create.
- News item slideshow (such as the title, image and teaser of the last 5 news articles submitted)
- The Last X number of X submitted (images, videos, blog entries, forum posts, comments, testimonials, etc.).
- Rotate any image, based on any filters you can apply in views.
- Hottest new products for any ecommerce drupal site.
- Rotate contact links, share links, etc.
- Heck, you could rotate entire nodes, categories, image galleries, etc. I wouldn't suggest it, but you have that power.
- Its also a great space saver. Places where you had multiple images or multiple items such as RSS feeds or category listings can now be presented in a slideshow.
The possibilities are really endless, as the more ways you can think of to categorize and add to views, the more you can rotate.
Views Slideshow Installation, Configuration and Tutorials
- Follow the standard Drupal 8 module installation instructions.
- Follow the standard Drupal 7 module installation instructions.
Tutorials and Further Reading
- Thanks to Bob Christenson and mustard seed media for creating this tutorial on Custom Theming Views Slideshow. Note while this is geared to Drupal 7 it has some information relevant to theming Views Slideshow for Drupal 8 as well.
- Thanks to Ryan Szarama for creating a tutorial on Setting Up a Slideshow From Beginning to End.
- Slideshow Demonstration of using Views Slideshow and Views Slideshow DD Block from DrupalCamp LA.
- Thanks to Ciril Tharayil for creating a tutorial on How to Setup A Slideshow.
- BxSlider Views Slideshow Integration
- Royal Slider
- Views Slideshow Slider
- Views Slideshow Imageflow
- Views Slideshow Configurable Controls
- Views Slideshow Dynamic Display Block
- Views Slideshow Galleria
- Views Slideshow JCarousel
- Views Slideshow JCarousel Thumbs
- Views Slideshow Liquid Carousel
- Views Slideshow Xtra
- Views Slideshow Rendered Entity Pager
- Views Slideshow Menu - Deprecated
- BriarMoon Design - a 8.x-4.x slideshow in a block; quite a minimal implementation and not the most beautiful but anyways
- Mandelbrot Explorer - 7.x-3.x slideshow in a block, minimal implementation but very beautiful images
- Got another (and probably) better example? Let us know, we'd be proud to feature you
- Deprecated Views Slideshow 6.x required Drupal 6.x, however is no longer maintained.
- Deprecated Views Slideshow 7.x-2.x requrires Views 2.x and Drupal 7.x. It is also no longer maintained.
- Views Slideshow 7.x-3.x requires Views 3 and Drupal 7, 7.50 or higher recommended.
- Recommended Views Slideshow 8.x-4.x requires Drupal 8.x, 8.2.x or higher recommended.
From Views Slideshow 7.x-2.x to Views Slideshow 7.x-3.x:
Unfortunately there is no upgrade path. Please make sure to delete the entire Views Slideshow 2 folder before installing views slideshow 3 to prevent leftover files that may interfere with functioning.
From Views Slideshow 7.x to Views Slideshow 8.x-4.x:
Unfortunately there is no upgrade path yet, however one is planned.
Use the issues queue for questions or comments.
Original module sponsored by Advomatic.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content Display, Views
- Reported installs: 275,921 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,646,996
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: January 9, 2017
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.