What is "Video" module
Video module allows you to upload video in any format, play video in any format, transcode video to H.246, Theora, VP8(Web compatible formats) using Zencoder or FFMPEG automatically creates video thumbnails, copy and deliver videos from cloud file systems like Amazon S3.
Module providers a reliable API for converting videos and create thumbnails, embed video to node body using WYSIWYG module (D7 only) and many more.
If you are looking for a module to embedded videos from Youtube, Vimeo and other remote video service providers please use Video Embed Field.
Tutorials and resources
- Content Construction Kit (Drupal 6 only)
- Filefield (Drupal 6 only)
- Chaos Tools Suite (Version 6.x-5 only)
- Libraries API (Drupal 7 or older)
- Flysystem File Storage (Drupal 8 only)
- Video Presets (Drupal 7 only)
- Filemime (Drupal 7 only)
- Video.js (Drupal 7 and up)
- SWFTools (Drupal 7 or older)
- Amazon S3 (Drupal 7 only)
- WYSIWYG (Drupal 7 only)
- Rules (Drupal 7 or older)
- JW Player 5 with HTML5 (Drupal 7 only)
- JW Player Module (Drupal 7 and up)
- FileField Sources (Drupal 7 or older)
- Integration with Media Browser (sandbox project, Drupal 7)
- Colorbox (with this patch or from 7.x-2.11+) (Drupal 7 only)
- Manual upload of multiple sources (sandbox project, Drupal 7)
Developers (8.x only)
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Fields, File Management, Media, Third-party Integration
- Reported installs: 23,520 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 328,170
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: March 21, 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.