The Open Y platform is a content management system that uses Drupal 8 functionality and useful modules from YMCAs and digital partners. It’s easy and free to use—everyone is welcome to implement Open Y and run Open Y projects.
In 2016 a group of YMCA digital, marketing, and technology experts recognized the digital opportunities that exist if we work together as a community and established Open Y.
- Maintains the Open Y content management system
- Ensures all basic functionality accessible from the content management system is available free of charge—those who contribute cannot charge others for what is shared
- Strives to be aware of issues found within the Open Y content management system
- Is not liable for bugs, crashes or performance issues of the content management system
- Invites and approves digital partners to join
- Offers training for Open Y Specialists—digital partners that are very familiar with the platform
- Offers certification for Open Y Integrators—digital partners that can install and work directly on the codebase
- Distributes communication about Open Y
- Organizes events for the Open Y community—including an annual meeting each June
- More info on the Open Y movement at OpenYMCA.org.
To see a demo and tutorial of the Open Y CMS experience visit http://sandbox.openymca.org. Log in with "admin", Password is "openy". Once you have logged in, go to the http://sandbox.openymca.org and click on "Start Guided Tour".
The demo includes:
- Full userguide with tutorial in the Guided Tour
- Sample menu/navigation items in main menu and footer
- Dynamic blog posts on homepage, /blog page and branch pages(http://sandbox.openymca.org/locations/west-ymca)
- Dynamic content on Programs pages, e.g. http://sandbox.openymca.org/programs/health-and-fitness
We recommend using Composer to build and maintain your project.
composer create-project ymcatwincities/openy-project:8.1.x-dev MY_PROJECT --no-interaction
You can also download and install Open Y from an archive (links below), but this is no longer the recommended method.
Please use Github for code, reporting bugs, or requesting new features.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 1 site currently reports using this distribution. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 452
- Last modified: March 24, 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.