Define and expose self-contained UI patterns as Drupal plugins and use them seamlessly as drop-in templates for panels, field groups, views, Display Suite field templates, paragraphs, nodes or any other entity types.
The module generates a pattern library page to be used as documentation for content editors or as a showcase for business and clients.
The UI Patterns project provides 6 modules:
- UI Patterns: the main module, it exposes the UI Patterns system APIs and it does not do much more than that.
- UI Patterns Library: allows to define patterns via YAML and generates a pattern library page available at
/patterns. Learn more
- UI Patterns Layouts: allows to use patterns as layouts. This allows patterns to be used on Display Suite view modes or on panels out of the box. Learn more
- UI Patterns Field Group: allows to use patterns to format field groups
provided by the Field group module. Learn more
- UI Patterns Display Suite: allows to use patterns to format Display Suite field templates. Learn more
- UI Patterns Views: allows to use patterns as Views row templates. Learn more
Try it out!
Download and install the Bootstrap Patterns theme on a vanilla Drupal 8 installation to quickly try out the UI Patterns module.
Due to changes in core:
- For Drupal 8.2 or lower: Use UI Patterns 1.0-beta6.
- For Drupal 8.3 or higher: Use UI Patterns 1.0-beta7 or higher. See issue.
- 23 January 2017: Blog post: Introducing the UI Patterns module: use atomic UI components everywhere in Drupal 8 by Nuvole
- 29 January 2017: Blog post: Using UI Patterns module in a component-based Drupal 8 theme by Aleksi Peebles
- 30 March 2017: Presentation: UI Patterns at Drupal Developer Days Seville 2017 by Nuvole
- 1 April 2017: Video: UI Patterns module walkthrough at Midwest Drupal Camp by Brian Perry
Issues and support requests
Please file issues and/or support requests using this GitHub repository.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content Display, Theme Enhancements, Views
- Reported installs: 191 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 2,307
- Last modified: 15 April 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
There are currently no supported stable releases.