An Overview of Panels
The Panels module allows a site administrator to create customized layouts for multiple uses. At its core it is a drag and drop content manager that lets you visually design a layout and place content within that layout. Integration with other systems allows you to create nodes that use this, landing pages that use this, and even override system pages such as taxonomy and the node page so that you can customize the layout of your site with very fine grained permissions.
Sounds great, right? Read more about the power of panels.
Status of Panels
Panels in Drupal 7
Panels 7.x-3.0 is now at a stable release. We usually release once or twice a year. If you're interested in pushing a patch forward for release, make sure to get it reviewed and RTBC.
Panels is an API in Drupal 8
If you’re interested helping improve the panels ecosystem, join us on Slack every Tuesday at 12 noon CDT (UCT-0500) in the #layouts channel for our weekly meetings.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content Display
- Reported installs: 249,156 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 2,552,494
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: 28 April 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.