Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Fieldgroup will, as the name implies, group fields together. All fieldable entities will have the possibility to add groups to wrap their fields together. Fieldgroup comes with default HTML wrappers like vertical tabs, horizontal tabs, accordions, fieldsets or div wrappers.
The field group project is a follow-up on the field group module in CCK. The release will only exist for Drupal 7 release and higher, so since the existence of the Fields API in core.
By moving field group to a separate module, this may open some new perspectives.
Available group types
- Horizontal tabs
- Vertical tabs
- Multipage steps: Note: This is only client side and removed in drupal 8 version.
- HTML5 elements
- Html elements
This project will NOT include the multigroup feature as it existed for drupal6. Use http://drupal.org/project/field_collection
On Drupal 8, the old Collapsible fieldsets with default open or closed state are now called "Details".
Tick "Display element open by default." if you want the fieldset open by default, otherwise it will be closed by default.
Modules that depend on fieldgroup
- Fieldgroup views
- Fieldgroup multiple
- Field group table
- Foundation group
- Field group link
- Field group colorbox
- Field group background image
- Field group Popup
- Field group Bootstrap
Contact me if you know a module that can get in this list!
- Display suite: DS will define a layout resulting in a Fields UI with regions and groups.
- Renderable elements: In combination with rel, field_group will take over the fieldsets defined by core or other modules, such as additional_settings on node forms.
- group multiple fields by there items
Extra screenshots and video's
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Content Construction Kit (CCK), Fields, Utility
- Reported installs: 286,101 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,997,498
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: September 30, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.