Entity Embed allows any entity to be embedded within a text area using a WYSIWYG editor.
- Editor and Filter modules included with Drupal core.
Drupal 7.37 or later patched with.
Drupal 7.37 or later.
- Filter module included with Drupal core.
- Chaos Tools
- CKEditor - The latest development release.
- jQuery Update - Configured to use jQuery 1.7 or higher.
All 2.x requirements, minus the Dialog module.
- Entity Embed can be installed via the standard Drupal installation process.
- Enable the entity-embed filter Display embedded entities for the desired text formats from the Text Formats configuration page.
- If the Limit allowed HTML tags filter is enabled, add
<drupal-entity data-*>to the Allowed HTML tags.
- To enable the WYSIWYG plugin, move the entity-embed E button into the Active toolbar for the desired text formats.
- Optionally enable the Align images filter to allow positioning of embedded entities and/or the Track images uploaded via a Text Editor filter to track the usage of embedded file entities.
The 7.x-1.x and 7.x-2.x versions of Entity Embed also require you to:
- Ensure that version 4.3 or later of the CKEditor library is installed.
- Install the CKEditor Line Utilities plugin.
- Install the CKEditor Widget plugin.
- Configure the jQuery Update module to use jQuery 1.7 or higher.
- Disable CKEditor's Advanced Content Filter for each of the text formats.
By default, Entity Embed includes a single button for embedding nodes. Additional buttons can be added from the configuration page.
Development of the 8.x branch of Entity Embed is taking place on GitHub.
- Demo video by Chandan Singh the incredible GSOC 2014 student who helped drive this module forward.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Filters/Editors, Media
- Reported installs: 8,921 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 73,609
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: September 20, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.