Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
The Content Construction Kit allows you to add custom fields to nodes using a web browser.
Drupal 7 and Fields in Core
Most of CCK has moved to core in the Drupal 7 version.
Please note that this is not the place to get support for D7 Fields! We are getting a number of support requests, bug reports, and even feature requests for D7 fields. Fields are in core in D7, you must file issues there, not here.
The D7 version of the contrib CCK package currently contains:
- D6 -> D7 data migration code, see Migrating D6 Content Construction Kit (CCK) to D7 Fields for an explanation of how to upgrade your data.
- some miscellaneous helpers to do things that core will not do, like maintain the PHP code snippets some fields may have been using to define allowed values (partially working)
The following features are now handled by separate, dedicated projects:
- nodereference and userreference : References and its successor Entity Reference.
- content_permissions: Field permissions module. See this issue for progress on the D7 version.
- fieldgroup : Field group module - with much more awesomeness than in D6 !
- content_copy: Either use Bundle copy, Features (which supports exporting and importing content types and fields in "feature" modules) or Field Tools.
- multigroup: Field Collection. There is no automatic upgrade path for multigroup, see http://blog.urbaninsight.com/2012/02/28/migrating-drupal-6-multigroups-d... for an explanation about how to migrate from multigroup to field collection.
Integration with other modules:
- Views - all Views field integration is handled by Views in D7.
- Panels - all Panels field integration is handled by Panels in D7.
- Token - see the D7 version of the Token module.
- Devel - the Devel module will handle field generation code in D7.
Everything else is in Drupal 7 core.
CCK is a very powerful system with many different contributed modules to extend its functionality. Install the Advanced Help module for additional help, and use the Views module to display CCK information in a variety of ways.
Here are a few other comprehensive documentation and tutorial resources to help get you started:
- Text: The CCK Handbook on Drupal.org
- Text: CCK Module basics tutorial
- Video: Adding Fields With CCK video
- Video: CCK & Views Tutorial (for Drupal 5)
- DVD: Learning CCK in-depth training by Lullabot
- Book: Using Drupal O'Reilly covers CCK with lots of examples
- Video: Karen Stevenson's CCK Presentation at the Do It With Drupal Seminar (paid access)
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Content, Content Construction Kit (CCK)
- Reported installs: 107,824 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 2,231,242
- Last modified: October 8, 2015
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities. Use at your own risk!