- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2015-128
- Project: me aliases (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x, 7.x
- Date: 2015-June-24
- Security risk: 11/25 ( Moderately Critical) AC:Basic/A:User/CI:Some/II:None/E:Theoretical/TD:All
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
'me aliases' module provides shortcut paths to current user's pages, eg user/me, blog/me, user/me/edit, tracker/me etc.
The view user argument handler for the 'me' module has an access bypass vulnerability where it does not check the supplied argument against the current user. This allows any user to access the content served by the view by substituting 'me' in the URL with a user id even when they don't have permission to access the content.
These only affects Views which use the Views 'me' user argument handler.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- me aliases 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.2
- me aliases 6.x-2.x versions prior to 6.x-2.10
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed me aliases module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the 'me aliases' module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to me 7.x-1.2
- If you use the 'me aliases' module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to me 6.x-2.10
Also see the me aliases project page.
- Stella Power of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity