Provides shortcut paths to current user's pages, eg user/me, blog/me, user/me/edit, tracker/me etc.
This means logged in users no longer have to know/remember their uid, and it makes it easier to link to user-specific pages from a site help page (without resorting to using php to put $user->uid in the link).
- Uses core token support but depends on the Token module for listing available tokens.
- Sponsored by Nohup Technologies, LLC
In Drupal 6, site administrators no longer need to specify their aliases. The me module will find most places where a user id can be passed via the menu, and will allow those menus to work properly with the 'me' alias in place of the user id. Site admins can alter how me handles these paths on the me settings page. Available options are:
- Provide the ability for admins to control if links for tabs etc.. are rewritten with the 'me' alias.
- Provide the ability for users to choose if they want 'me' alias on their account (Provided the admins turn on the option).
- Allow admins to choose if 'me' should redirect to the path with the uid, and not stay on the 'me' aliased path.
- Provide the ability to allow admins to redirect anonymous users to a path of their choosing.
- Provide the ability for admins to use an include/exclude path filter for the list of paths that are affected by me. This is almost identical to the block configuration settings. Admins with the appropriate permission can also use PHP for this list if they desire.
- Ability to add a views argument validator which correctly checks and handles the me alias for arguments the "ME" validator is enabled for. (6.x-2.7 or greater only)
- Ability to change the me alias, which includes the use of global tokens as provided by the Token module if it is installed. This includes the [user-name] token. Me does not depend on the token module, the tokens are an extra feature that is made available when the token module is installed.
Read more on how to use this module.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Reported installs: 6,702 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 70,901
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.