Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
This project houses the source files for the Drupal User Guide. It is not a module.
The current version of the User Guide can be viewed at: https://www.drupal.org/docs/user_guide/en/index.html
If you download this project (see below), you will also find PDF, ePub, and Mobi output versions of the User Guide in the "ebooks" folder/directory.
About the User Guide
The User Guide project was started during the Drupal 8 development cycle by the Documentation Working Group (DocWG), as a community initiative. Members of the community will write and edit the guide, using templates and following guidelines provided by the DocWG.
The User Guide is now completely written and edited in English! The next step will be to translate it into the 160 or so languages of the Drupal project. Currently, Hungarian and Catalan teams are taking the lead and testing the process. See the Contributor Guide link in the Links section below to help with this effort, and you can see the in-progress Catalan and Hungarian versions of the Guide via links on the Guide pages.
- Current version of the User Guide -- That is an HTML version; download the project below to get the source files, and also the PDF, ePub, and Mobi versions of the User Guide are in the "ebooks" folder/directory.
- Contributor Guide -- there are Quick Start guides for each phase of the project (as of September 2016, we are in the Translating phase). The Quick Start guides provide instructions on finding a task to work on and completing the task, so you don't need to contact the project managers to get started!
- To display the User Guide in your own Drupal 7.x site, or import it into content items using the Feeds module, you can use the AsciiDoc Display module.
- Issue list for this project -- available tasks are tracked on issues (see Contributor Guide)
- Status, progress, "sprint" work days, participant meetings, and opportunities to get involved are announced in the Documentation group on groups.drupal.org. Join the group and subscribe to notifications to stay up-to-date.
- Original proposal and community comments
If you have suggestions or comments about the project, especially about templates, guidelines, or project management, please add an issue. You can also add an issue if you find a problem in the guide. There are issue "Components" in this project for project management, guidelines content, guide content, translations, and templates.
Note about branches/versions
We are making "branches" of this project corresponding to Drupal Core versions. We had an 8.x-0.x branch corresponding to Drupal 8.0.x when we started out. The first finished (and current) version is 8.x-2.x, corresponding to Drupal Core 8.2.x. There was no 8.1.x version.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Developer
- Downloads: 2,502
- Last modified: December 14, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.