What is OpenLucius?
OpenLucius is a team collaboration / project management system / social intranet. Where employees (and optionally third parties: partners, clients or suppliers) can safely work together online with help of groups, todo's, status updates, direct messages, files & folders and lots more.
It's aimed on self-management, reducing email to near-zero and keep organized track on all your communication and documentation.
Your information will be streamlined and clearly presented via (personal) dashboards and calendars.
Quotes from the Drupal community
- "Thanks for OpenLucius! It's fantastic. Good feature set, easy to install, easy to use. It even has user documentation!" - mathieso - https://www.drupal.org/node/2691549
- "I've just installed this for a client and so far it looks great. Thanks!" -- Kristi Wachter (https://www.drupal.org/node/2646414)
- "Please note, that I found the drupal profile Open lucius, and I found it really amazing." -- Igor Krutak (per email)
- "Den som väntar på något gott....." as we say in sweden or "he who waits for something good can never wait to long" - frber23
- Big thank you for this distro,it´s truly fantastic." -- frber23 (https://www.drupal.org/u/frber23) (per email)
- "I found your distribution and so far it looks really promising." -- igorik (https://www.drupal.org/node/2580009)
- "First of all, great project! I'm working with a nonprofit client that is moving to Open Lucius for their planning and bug-tracking work" -- Ivan Boothe2 (rootwork) (https://www.drupal.org/node/2628970)
- "Hi! I have been trying Openlucius now for a while and are most impressive. Even a Drupa novice like me can put up a collabarationsite with eas." -- Fredrik Bergström (per e-mail)
- "wow! Wow! WOw! WOW! :) This is great, thanks! :)" -- István Kurucz (nevergone) (https://www.drupal.org/node/2505715#comment-10403565)
- "@OpenLucius Just tried OpenLucius Project Management Tool. It's really nice!" -- @valderama (Tweet)
- "@OpenLucius #API offers #opensource communication platform for bizapps bit.ly/1I8ZOYu" -- @ProgrammableWeb (Tweet)
- "Thanks for your awesome project ;)" Tweet by @Thiago Régis
- "First of all congratulations for this great product, works incredible..." - castillo felipe (per email)
- "great distribution..." - fcastle
- Hi, We really like your platform and are planning to use Open Lucius as a platform for our ambassadors to communicate and collaborate on projects, [...] - Eamon
- The #Drupal 'Open Lucius' distribution looks really interesting [...] well done @joris_lucius - Mark Conroy by Tweet
- @OpenLucius Awesome! platform.Great work. We are using it! - @AudibleCode - https://twitter.com/audiblecode/status/712632194162884612
- (Dutch) "Ik heb net jullie platform gedownload en getest. Prachtig! [...] Prachtig systeem hebben jullie gemaakt!" - Roger Lenoir
- "First and foremost, I have really enjoyed trying out OpenLucius" [...] "Team collaboration and project tracking has not been a particular Drupal strength but you are making great progress with OpenLucius." - James Hoskins, Digital Marcoms Manager
Less is more, optimized for performance
The aim to only contains modules that are as effective as possible in the core, so the overhead is kept at a minimum.
Instant online collaboration tool
Use it with zero coding and zero configuration. Installation only takes a few steps. So all people in your organization, including third parties, can instantly use OpenLucius after installation and work together online. It truly is an ‘instant product’.
Focus on 'Simple' and 'Easy'
End-user functionality and code should speak for itself: the aim is to keep it 'Simple' and 'Easy'.
- Where 'Easy' means: familiar, recognizable
- Where 'Simple' means: learnable, decoupled, decomplected, composed (not mixed).
Built on Drupal Bootstrap theme, therefore supporting all browsers and devices.
Customizable, future proof
Because it’s build as native as possible on Drupal, you can customize functions and layout the way you want without having to worry about future upgrades.
End User Manual
Please visit http://help.openlucius.com
Installation and upgrade manual
End user features
- Homepage with Activity stream & Status updates
- Collaboration in Groups
- Collaboration with third parties
- ￼Todo’s & Todo-lists
- Timetracker, Budgets and Reports
- Jointly working on text files
- Managing documents in folders and groups
- Group messages
- Direct messages
- Notifications center
- Like buttons
- Personal Todo's
- Cover images and logo's
- Status Updates
- Autocomplete searchbar
- Faceted global search
- Notifications (individuals & teams)
- Notifications to ‘external contractors’ (people that can not login to OpenLucius)
- Activity streams
- Todo calendars
- Global calendar
- Finding filtered information
- Comments and attachments
- Synching with your own calendar via iCal stream
- ￼Global overviews for Messages, Todo’s, Text-documents and Files
- Moving items
- 15 templates
- OpenLucius Inline Images
- OpenLucius Events Extra's | Inviting people to an event
- OpenLucius Timetracker, Budgets and Reports
- RESTful API
- News tab
- We created an the OpenLucius Services module that will implement the API
- You can find docs and interactive live demo here
Youtube channel with instruction videos
Please check out our OpenLucius Youtube channel
Features on our roadmap
- Document previews
- Copying items
- Daily or weekly updates per email
- Exporting to PDF
- ... (please let us know your feature requests!)
Difference with existing Drupal projects
There are other distro's that look alike: Open Atrium & Erpal. Why OpenLucius:
- It's an instant ready to use product for end-users, not a toolkit.
- This means that your whole organization can instantly use it after you installed it like any other Drupal installation.
- Out of the box usable, so people that don't know Drupal or have any technical background can use it after installing.
- Clear online manual.
- Painless installing & future upgrading.
- OpenLucius kept code overhead to a minimum, for maximal performance.
OpenLucius Cloud (SaaS) & customization: please visit http://www.openlucius.com
Proudly built by Lucius BV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands