The Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) project provides integration with LDAP for authentication, user provisioning, authorization, feeds, and views. It also provides apis and building blocks (query and server configuration storage) for other modules.
The module can be used in production but we recommend intensive tests before you depend on it to avoid problems without a quick resolution in the issue tracker.
Please see the README.md for further information and INSTALL.md for setting up your site. You need to read the release notes due to still open issues.
A stable release will be released as soon as these issues are resolved. This release will still have only limited test coverage.
The Drupal 7 versions will receive only bugfixes until a maintainer steps up to support this version.
The 1.x branch is only made available for sites currently running on it and will only receive critical bugfixes. A direct upgrade to 2.x is theoretically possible but can require manual intervention and regressions. Please stick with 1.x if you encounter issues you cannot resolve yourself, we do not have the resources to support those cases.
Additional development resources, support in maintainership or just patches are very much appreciated. See README.developers.md to get started.
LDAP Project Honor Role
- Intel Open Source Technology Center for funding much of the 2.0 development especially provisioning to LDAP.
- Oxfordshire County Council for 7.x-1,0 Release candidate funding.
- scafmac, miglius, kreaper, and pablobm for developing and maintaining LDAP Integration for Drupal 4.5 - 6.
- johnbarclay for getting LDAP 7 project going, LDAP Authorization, LDAP Authentication, and LDAP Feeds
- University of Illinois College of Education for initial funding of parts of LDAP 7 project
- dayer4b developed LDAP Authorization Organic Groups and helped debug LDAP Authorization module
- slerby developed LDAP Views and helped cleanup/fix LDAP Query
- justintime wrote most of the code to get exportables working and submitted a patch for every bug he found along the way.
- hotspoons wrote the SSO code
- micahw156 plowed through a number of issues
- A variety of contributors (cmurph, slerby, kbnielsen, ...) have got the ldap_profile and provision ball rolling.
- Drupal 8 redevelopment (larowlan, larolan, chx , ...)
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Import/Export, Security, User Access & Authentication, User Management
- Reported installs: 23,268 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 506,190
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: March 18, 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.