Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Homebox allows site administrators to create dashboards for their users, using blocks as widgets. Blocks in a Homebox page are resizeable, and reorderable by dragging.
Homebox is currently used on Drupal.org for the 'Your Dashboard' feature.
Version 3.x of Homebox is under active development for Drupal 7, with many new features and improvements. There is no upgrade path from 6.x-1.x to 6.x-3.x or 7.x-2.x. You must completely uninstall version 6.x-1.x prior to installing version 3.x.
The core homebox module should be more or less production-ready. However, the status of the Homebox OG integration is unknown. Please help test and fix this portion, so we can release 7.x-2.0!
- Create as many homebox pages as needed.
- Each homebox pages as its own access permissions by role.
- Block layout and status is saved per-user, so each user can reorder, resize, add and remove blocks to meet their specific needs.
- Layout settings autosaved via AJAX.
- Users can set color (manually or via Color Picker) for each block (available colors are defined per homebox pages).
- Integrated with Views 2 and its exposed Ajax filters. Exposed filter settings are saved between sessions.
- All Homebox pages are alias-able via the core Path module.
- Uses the block system, so anything that can be exposed in a block can be made available to Homebox.
- Comes with documentation through the excellent Advanced help module.
- Homeboxes may be placed in code via hook_homebox().
- Import/export homebox pages.
- Optional block title overrides.
- Option to have a Homebox appear on a user profile tab.
- Easily create custom region layouts (easier than Panels).
- User-added custom blocks.
- Option to disable theme block regions so homebox can go full-width.
Recommended / Integrated modules.
Tested with the following themes
- Acquia Marina
- Acquia Slate
- Bluemarine (core)
- and Garland of course
Homebox permet à vos utilisateurs d'avoir une page du type iGoogle, Netvibes ou BBC.co.uk. Homebox peut être vu comme le module MySite, mais celui-ci ne sera pas porté sur Drupal 6. Homebox fonctionne différemment, il est pour le moment uniquement basé sur les blocks Drupal. Ce qui laisse suffisamment de souplesse pour présenter du contenu à vos utilisateurs.
"...first let me say that your module is the best I have seen on Drupal. I absolutely love it."
- Maintenance status: Seeking new maintainer
- Development status: No further development
- Module categories: Administration, Content, Content Display, Theme Enhancements
- Reported installs: 5,757 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 126,866
- Last modified: January 10, 2015
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.