This module provides a "colorpicker" form element for CCK forms, and also for module developers to utilize. A colorpicker field is a textfield with a colorpicker button that brings up the Farbastic color widget that comes included with Drupal. (Support for additional third-party color pickers is planned.)
To use this module, simply enable it. Colorpicker-aware modules will then display a colorpicker field instead of a plain textfield where appropriate. And as a site creator making new content types, you now have a CCK colorpicker field at your disposal.
To learn how to take advantage of Colorpicker in your own modules, see the included README.txt and the colorpicker_example.module.
The Colorpicker project welcomes contributors who can help maintain, improve, and extend the module. There are lots of third-party colorpickers out there, and we'd love to support as many as we can. Other form field styles (HSB, CMYK, etc.) are also under consideration.
[The colorpicker_cck.module is new code, but it should be stable. Please send us your issues, and be sure to read the release notes for the Drupal 6 release.]
The jQuery Colorpicker module is an alternative to this one. It's highly likely these projects will merge in the near future.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Unknown
- Module categories: Content Construction Kit (CCK), Developer, Utility
- Reported installs: 1,699 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 42,148
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.