Integrates with the twitter API based upon the flux Services integration.
This is an integration module, so it does not expose any end-user functionality. It integrates Drupal with the twitter API by providing remote entities and integration with the Rules module.
The twitter module integrates with twitter by pulling twitter data into the database during cron runs. The flux twitter API takes a different approach as it directly communicates with the twitter API (beside caching) and builds upon the flux Services integration framework.
- flux Services integration (obviously)
- Entity reference patched with can reference tweets, twitter users, ..
- With Entity Field Query Views-backend the module has basic Views integration, directly querying Twitter's API
- Entitycache may be used to cache remote entities, alongside with Cache Actions for custom, rule-based cache clearing mechanisms. (requires dev)
- The module connects to twitter via the Guzzle web service client and provides a clean API for developers to interact with twitter.
$account = entity_load_single('fluxservice_account', $id);
$tweets = $account->client()->GetUserTimeline(array('screen_name' => 'fluxkraft'));