This module provides API integration with the Twitter microblogging service. Out of the box, it allows users to:
- Associate one or more Twitter accounts with their Drupal user account.
- List tweets in different ways thanks to Views.
- Post to their own Twitter account or a site-wide Twitter account whenever they create new content or based on Drupal Actions or Rules.
- Log in to your Drupal site via Twitter.
- Format twitter @usernames and #hashtags as links to Twitter.com.
- Search and post to Twitter via Drush commands.
- View embedded images media from tweets (not in 7.x-6.x branch yet).
Twitter requires OAuth to connect with the Twitter API. Previous versions did not have this requirement but due to Twitter's API changing it is now required.
- Drupal 6 - 6.x-5.x branch
- No further improvements will be backported to the D6 branch, future updates will be limited to bug fixing and security updates.
- Drupal 7 - 7.x-5.x branch
- Further improvements may be backported to the 7.x-5.x branch, future updates will focus on bug fixing and security updates.
- Drupal 7 - 7.x-6.x branch
- Further improvements will be added to the 7.x-6.x branch. Once the upgrade path from 7.x-6.x is finished, it will become the recommended release.
- Drupal 8 - 8.x-1.x branch
- Work will continue on porting the 7.x-6.x functionality to D8.
The code has been made available on two other repository services for people who have specific technical needs:
- Github: https://github.com/DamienMcKenna/twitter
- Bitbucket: https://bitbucket.org/DamienMcKenna/twitter
These repositories are considered write-only, pull requests to those repositories will be recreated on d.o. and pushed back out once the changes are reviewed & committed.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Drush, Rules
- Reported installs: 35,217 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 364,948
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: 7 January 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.