Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Allow users to register and login using only an email address. Users can then log-in using their email address and password for authentication.
A username is generated and assigned based on the user name part of the email address and their user ID. Sites that want to create usernames in their own way can do so by implementing hook_email_registration_name.
Enable the module as you normally would.
You will probably want to change the welcome e-mail (Administer -> User Management -> User Settings) and replace instances of the token !username with !mailto
This automatically generated username is still displayed name for posts, comments, etc. You can allow your users to change their username by going to:
(Administer -> User Management -> Access Control) ... [X] change own username
This privilege allows a user to change their username in "My Account".
Modules that are believed to conflict with Email Registration:
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: User Management
- Reported installs: 30,817 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 190,093
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: November 1, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.