Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
This module confirms that a newly entered email can be received by the user. Currently if a user updates their email address there is no confirmation step to ensure that the new email address belongs to the user and is able to receive email.
In researching this issue I came across a patch to Drupal core to address this issue:. The patch is still pending however so I wrote this module borrowing from the code submitted as patches in this issue.
This module has been tested with Email Registration. However, this module has not been tested and may not work well with other modules that affect how Drupal core handles emails (e.g. LoginToboggan, Multiple Email, etc.). It also may not work well with modules that set email outside of Drupal like LDAP or Janrain Engage.
Other similar modules
If you are trying to confirm that an email address entered into an email field is valid, there is the Email Field Confirm module.
This module was originally developed in part for the Beijinger website.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Mail, User Access & Authentication, User Management
- Reported installs: 2,571 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 48,145
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: October 13, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.